Corportate Development Director
- Experience Level
Identify opportunities for corporate funding, cultivate corporate relationships and obtain funding from corporations to promote and deliver MADD’s mission. Responsible, at the National level, for the development, oversight, execution and monitoring of a diversified comprehensive fund development and public awareness plan, aligned with MADD’s strategic plan. Ensures effective and aggressive growth in fund development through core strategies which are committed to fulfilling MADD’s mission, including but not limited to: corporate, foundation and major gifts solicitation, individual giving, 3rd party events, honor/memorial giving and fund raising programs for the entire Region (Multiple States).
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement a strategic corporate fundraising development plan aimed at increasing revenue and visibility from corporate partnerships.
- Partnering with marketing and communications team, create and present proposals to corporate stakeholders and clients.
- Identify and persuade corporations to partner with MADD. Build and maintain strong positive relationships with MADD’s national corporate partners as assigned. Key focus will be cultivating new corporate partners, preparing achievable funding requests and proposals, maximizing contributions and developing corporate licensing, sponsorship and cause marketing programs.
- Identify, research and analyze new opportunities for corporate funding. Select proposal targets and techniques based on cost/benefit analysis. Help execute corporate sponsorship plan to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Develop and partner with marketing team for presentation materials for corporate marketing partnership proposals. Manage corporate pipeline database and track funding.
- Conduct research and serve as a conduit for requisite market research and information to support the development goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that the organization's brand integrity remains consistent and opportunities are maximized.
- Ensure MADD’s fundraising efforts are conducted professionally and in accordance with all laws and high ethical standards.
- When applicable, assist in training field staff and volunteers on appropriate methods for corporate solicitation and relationship building in conjunction with national field fundraising staff.
- Develop, manage and meet established national revenue plans and budget. Prepare and submit budget reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a corporate fundraising or sales position. Proven experience working in corporate development strongly preferred. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful fundraising or sales track record.
- Client-facing experience in a role that requires you to build and maintain trusting long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a time table, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
- Highly proficient with computer business programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software. Basic math and organizational skills
- Some US travel and flexible schedule
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement 403(b) + 3% matching after 1 year
- Minimum 3 weeks Vacation
- 12 Paid Holidays per calendar year
- Up to 3 Floating Holidays per calendar year
- Paid Sick Time
- Modified Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave
- Basic Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance covered by Employer
- FSA, HRA
- Employee Assistance Program
MADDis providing PPE equipment to all employees, safety training, and allowing remote/work from home.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the MADD Talent and Culture Team at HR@madd.org