Development & Membership Operations Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Development & Membership Operations Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Development & Membership Operations, and focuses primarily on income processing and assisting in ensuring the integrity of the Development & Membership Department’s revenue figures and reporting.
The Coordinator must be able to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism, organization and collaboration, as well as have the ability to handle confidential materials with discretion. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to coordinate multiple projects on an ongoing basis, and the adaptability to provide support on a range of needs from an array of fundraising teams.
· Process specified income according to established income processing procedures and policies throughout the Development & Membership Division.
· Assist in tracking all income that comes into the organization through the Development & Membership Division.
· Reporting current revenue figures to the department on a weekly basis or as needed.
· Assist the Director in continually updating income-processing procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy of systems.
· Work with the Finance Department to help reconcile the department’s revenue figures on an ongoing basis to ensure the integrity and accuracy of said figures.
· Responsible for working with vendors including tracking and payment of vendor invoices.
· Develop a thorough understanding of Development & Membership’s revenue systems in order to assist various teams in establishing new protocols and solve processing issues.
· Other specified duties and tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) with at least one to three years of experience with an established background in accounting procedures and systems.
· Successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage work under tight deadlines.
· Strong willingness to be a team player – to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
· Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Ability to maintain confidential information.
· Proficiency in database management and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
· Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign and/or the Human Rights Campaign Foundation may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.