Teen Mental Health Navigator
- Degree Level
Jewish Family & Career Services “JF&CS” is a Georgia non-profit organization with a roughly 13-million-dollar budget. The agency makes hope and opportunity happen by providing integrated programs and services that maximize self-sufficiency and quality of life. The JF&CS Foundation holds the agency’s endowment and restricted fund assets. JF&CS is now seeking a Teen Mental Health Navigator.
Summary: The Teen Mental Health Navigator (TMHN) is a healthcare extender that guides parents of teenagers through and around barriers in the complex behavioral healthcare system. As a health professional, the TMHN will provide support to overcome obstacles faced in accessing or receiving services needed to maintain well-being & independence. The TMHN will work collaboratively with a team of healthcare professionals and other community agencies to provide clients with opportunities to stabilize and improve their health by connecting clients with the most appropriate treatment resources available.
- Care coordination with mental health and medical providers to improve access and continuity of care (may include virtual visits, assistance in attending appointments or other activities that support continuity of care)
- Create referral linkages with providers, community organizations and identify providers to implement community resources, health, and wellness events and/or educational programs that address barriers to care, resources and enhance knowledge, and ultimately impact healthier individual and family outcomes.
- Ensure that all case files, and other records, strictly comply with policies, regulations, and HIPAA procedures.
- Assist with developing client care plans that reflect individual client needs and connect clients to appropriate resources as developed by Case Manager’s treatment plan.
- Assist with coordinating client care, e.g. transportation arrangements, medical appointment reminders, referrals, and preventive care education and/or follow-up care adherence.
- Establish trusting relationships with clients and their families while providing general support and encouragement.
- Assess and address the strengths of clients and the barriers to obtaining preventive and follow-up healthcare.
- Facilitate communication and client empowerment in interactions with healthcare and social service systems.
- Excellent customer service with a client focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- High integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures, lifestyles, behaviors and spiritual practices
- High integrity when dealing with restricted and/or confidential information
- Ability to deal therapeutically with behavioral and emotional problems presented by young people
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients while building trust and respect
Education and/or Experience:
- BSW preferred
- Associated degree in Social Services or 3-5 years of related experience
- Work experience in community based health care service capacity
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg03/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=JFCSA&cws=1