- Experience Level
ABOUT THE STUART FOUNDATION
The Stuart Foundation is a family foundation dedicated to improving life outcomes for young people through education. We believe that public education is a public good that can energize communities, fuel the economy, and strengthen our democracy. Our work brings together and supports leaders and organizations across a wide spectrum of different backgrounds and life experiences, from immigrant parents to state system leaders, and from youth activists to superintendents of schools, to realize a vision where all young people experience a great education. These Foundation partners push the system to renew the promise of public education, work to disrupt longstanding inequities, and endeavor to make schools places that build strong relationships between educators and students, foster intellectual curiosity, and center human connection.
The Foundation has an asset base of $594 million, a current staff of 17, and makes charitable expenditures of approximately $22 million per year. While based in San Francisco, we work statewide in California as our primary focus, and also engage in specific, targeted activities in Washington State.
The Program Assistant position plays a central role in providing seamless workflow and administrative support for grantmaking and programmatic projects and reports to the Director of Programs. We seek an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working both collaboratively and independently, can juggle multiple projects and priorities, appreciates the diversity and efforts of the communities the Foundation serves, is detail-minded, and is committed to excellent customer service.
PROGRAM COORDINATION AND SUPPORT
- Provides project management support in order to keep the Director of Programs informed of the status of grantmaking and other activities. Creates workflow schedules and monitors progress.
- Performs administrative functions for the grants programs including, but not limited to, reviewing grant applications for completeness, processing funding requests, tracking grantee reports, entering grantee information into database and ensuring electronic grant files are complete. Reviews grant reports and summarizes with recommendations. Works with grants management team and grantees to problem solve technical grantmaking issues.
- Plays a key role in the ongoing maintenance and improvements for Salesforce grants management database including updating and posting content, tracking grant activities, and providing technical assistance to users; ensures timely and accurate data entry, processing, tracking, and reporting.
- Coordinates and provides logistical and operational support for program meetings, conferences, and grantee convenings, in the office and off-site.
- Maintains close connections with the President’s executive assistant in order to facilitate communications and decision-making.
- Supports budget planning process by managing projections, tracking, and providing analyses.
- Assists in preparing, editing, and proofing documents and developing handouts, charts, and other materials for meetings of the Board of Trustees and other staff presentations.
- Communicates with applicants and grantees regarding the application and grantmaking process; regularly communicates with staff from other foundations.
- Manages the calendar and meeting schedule of the Director of Programs and prepares expense reports. Provides support for meetings including pulling grantee history. Provides critical data summaries for meetings with grantees.
- Other duties as assigned to support the effective functioning of the Program Department.
- Contributes as a member of the convening team by assisting with coordination and support for special events and meetings hosted by the Foundation.
- Undertakes special projects as requested.
- 3-5 years of experience in an administrative or program support position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experience are required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficient with a variety of virtual meeting platforms.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM platform required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage overlapping tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workflow and meet deadlines. Monitor and drive deadlines to ensure success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility, a “can do” problem-solving orientation, and willingness to assist others as needed.
- Ability to interact and represent the Foundation and its values across a broad audience.
- Strategic and forward-looking mindset.
- Learning mindset.
- Sense of humor.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Interest in the field of education is desirable.
Our team is composed of compassionate, committed individuals working to make meaningful impact. The Stuart Foundation as an employer is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We value differences among individuals across multiple dimensions and we work to build an organizational culture where each staff person feels they belong. The Stuart Foundation believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical ability, religion and socioeconomic status.
The Stuart Foundation provides a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in our application process, please let us know.
How to apply:
Please submit your Cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position is open until filled.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Education $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Education $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Education $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Research Education $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology / Data Management Education $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco