Visitor Services Associate
- Experience Level
JOB TITLE: Visitor Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB TYPE: Part-time, Temporary
Summary: To serve as an informed associate for Atlanta Contemporary, providing excellent, friendly customer service. Individual will support Visitor Services by being present at the Welcome Desk, respond to visitor questions either in person or via phone, check-in visitors, conduct in person SHOP sales and support at the door donations and Membership sales/renewals.
This position is a part-time, seasonal hiring May – August 1, 2021. Atlanta Contemporary is open to the public Tuesday – Sunday with varying hours. The hours of this position are Tuesday and Wednesday: 11:30am – 5:30pm; Thursday 11:30am – 2:30pm with 30 minute lunch break. Some additional evening hours for special event coverage available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a positive presence at the Welcome Desk, meets and greets the general public
- Conduct opening procedures that prepare the Welcome Desk to receive visitors, encourage at the door donations, and SHOP sales; closing procedures at end of day (Tuesday and Wednesday) ensure success the next day.
- Set up SHOP sales and ready SHOP
- Take Membership sales/renewals at the door and support low level donations
- Answers the telephone and fields calls to appropriate staff members
- Provide friendly, excellent customer services to Visitors and interact positively with artists, interns, staff, and volunteers of Atlanta Contemporary
- Convey the mission, vision, and core values of Atlanta Contemporary
- Assist in monitoring the security of the art and building, responding calmly and professionally to any emergency
- Assist as needed with special events
- Relay accurate information about planned programs/events
- May assist with informal tours of the galleries to individuals and groups
Skills and Abilities:
- Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers
- Must possess good communication skills
- Broad general knowledge and interest in the contemporary art and arts administration
- Experience in retail and hospitality field preferred; experience in a nonprofit or museum setting a plus
- Ability to properly and accurately manage cash donations, SHOP transactions, and Membership sales/renewals with visitors in a professional and timely manner
- Effective, engaging, and positive interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication
- Minimum physical requirements include but are not limited to: stand or be active for periods of time; lift book or merchandise
- Regular and reliable attendance required
Skills to be Enhanced or Developed on the Job:
- Learn about aspects of museum visitor services
- Training on POS systems including Eventbrite, Square, Stripe, DipJar for donations and SHOP sales
- Learn to work within a team staff environment, supported by an enthusiastic professional staff
Pay & Benefits: This is a seasonal position, so does not carry benefits.
Hiring rate: $15.00/hour
Employment length: 3 months
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Remote interview process
- Plastic shield at Welcome Desk
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Daily and nightly sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
- New HVAC upgrades to prevent the spread of air-borne illnesses
EEO Statement: Atlanta Contemporary is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Atlanta Contemporary encourages applicants of all ages.