6 days left
- Experience Level
Overnight Advocate Job Description
- Desire to contribute to the work of ending domestic violence.
- Significant experience working with people in crisis.
- Comfortable with participatory decision-making processes.
- Committed to providing kind, culturally appropriate services.
- Ability to work with and interact well with individuals from diverse backgrounds and points of view.
- Possesses a spirit of curiosity, openness and is self-aware.
- Has an understanding of the impacts of complex trauma and the skills and interest in deepening resilience for self and others.
- Interest in anti-poverty, anti-oppression work.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) relevant community resources.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self-direct and manage time.
- Basic computer skills.
Summary of Duties
(position is based in our confidentially located Safehouse)
- Respond supportively to callers on the crisis line.
- Interact with guests affirmingly, and at a high level of self-awareness.
- Record all services provided in the web-based database in a timely manner.
- Clean and prepare rooms for newly entering families.
- Complete daily tasks that keep the safehouse clean and in good repair.
- Help maintain a safe and comfortable community environment.
- Record important information and concerns in the communication log.
- Other duties as assigned
Hours for this position are 10:00 pm to 6:00 am Monday - Friday