- Position Type
- Full Time
Job Announcement: Minnesota Voice Executive Director
Minnesota Voice is a member-based coalition of leading non-profit organizations working toward permanent change in racial, social, and economic justice by increasing civic engagement and voter participation across the state. Minnesota Voice focuses on underrepresented communities; making sure that every Minnesotans’ voice is heard, and the state reflects the values of its people. Minnesota Voice is part of the State Voices Network. The organization’s seven full time staff members provide tools and programs that help nonprofit partners through capacity building for civic engagement, a paid fellowship program, administration of the state’s 501c3 Voter Activation Network (VAN) and other data management, and coalition building and coordination support around voting rights and other issues.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing and implementing the mission and vision of Minnesota Voice. Through effective collaboration with table partners, the Director is responsible for developing a coordinated, statewide plan, fundraising to support the plan, innovating and evaluating best practices, engaging new partners to participate, managing staff and contractors, and overseeing the provision of resources and technical assistance for table partner organizations. This position reports to the Minnesota Voice Board of Directors.
We’re looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the ability to lead and strengthen the organization’s internal capabilities from the board level to the frontline staff, and increase trust and service to funders and coalition partners.
Mission and Vision
- Responsible for implementing Minnesota Voice’s programs and aligning them with the organization’s mission and vision
- Develop coordinated statewide plan, and manage the execution for the programs conducted with partners, to increase civic participation in communities of color and other underrepresented communities
nonpartisan electoral and issue campaign strategies
- Engage in planning, coordination, and networking at a state and national level
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors in effective board design and execution of a growing program
- Oversee fundraising planning and strategy, maintain strong relationships with donors, ensure good record keeping and timely submission of proposals and reports
Supervision & Management
- Manage the unionized staff and consultants required to implement coordinated civic engagement plans and meet programmatic goals
- A strong commitment to and experience with building long-term, sustainable political power in historically underrepresented communities
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience guiding an executive board to develop effective leadership
- Ability to lead and work effectively as part of a collaborative team and manage board members, stakeholders, and funders