5 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Position: Operations Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Non-Exempt; Full Time
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group that exposes corruption in public life and holds government officials and corporate special interests accountable by bringing their misconduct to light. In doing so, we make way for policies that advance the interests of all Americans, not just the rich and powerful. Accountable.US seeks an Operations Coordinator to support its work. The Operations Coordinator will support office operations for the entire organization.
The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. The position is based in Washington, D.C., though travel on occasion is possible. During the pandemic, all Accountable.US employees are working remotely. Some weekend work may be required.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Systems and Operations Support:
Provide support for a range of systems to help ensure Accountable.US is operating effectively and efficiently:
- Support the adoption and integration of operational systems across the organization;
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of processes;
- Proactively monitor day-to-day activities to identify ways to boost productivity.
- Prepare and submit invoices for payment;
- Effectively handle correspondence with vendors and consultants with a high degree of professionalism and accuracy;
- Collect and sort mail;
- Manage contract execution and renewals;
- Support the Chief of Staff and Financial consultants in tracking organizational expenses.
Provide general office management support including:
- Manage physical and digital records and coordinating with vendors as-needed;
- Coordinate physical conference space and audio/visual;
- Serve as primary point of contact with Information Technology vendor and assist staff with basic IT needs as necessary;
- Liaise with building management on issues related to physical space.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of office experience preferred;
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to quickly process and analyze information;
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects;
- Impeccable professional written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy;
- Solid organizational, project management and critical thinking skills, with ability to multi-task and make changes quickly and efficiently, including ability to exercise authority regarding significant matters without specific instructions or prescribed procedures;
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment;
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and manage changing priorities;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google applications; and
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Operations Coordinator” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.