Rhodes Hall Events Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation
Rhodes Hall, Atlanta, Georgia
RHODES HALL EVENTS COORDINATOR
The Rhodes Hall Events Coordinator is responsible for marketing and coordinating the events booked at Rhodes Hall and for the management, safety, and security of Rhodes Hall during the events.
Reports to: President & CEO
- Creates and implements a dynamic marketing plan for the rental of Rhodes Hall
- Manages the use of Rhodes Hall for weddings, corporate events, film productions and other functions
- Receives inquiries from and meets with all potential renters to explain Rhodes Hall procedures, rates, etc. Processes all paperwork related to rentals; coordinates event planning through meetings with vendors to insure adherence to Rhodes Hall rules and regulations.
- Implements innovative approaches to increase revenues for Rhodes Hall rentals
- Maintains all financials for the events including rental payments, caterer referral fees and Rhodes Hall events budget
- Meets with scheduled appointments and walk-in tours of potential renters
- Serves as the principal contact for the renters and vendors and manages the events on-site in coordination with event staff
- Trains and supervises part-time event staff and tour docents.
- Manages volunteers and docents for Rhodes Hall, including selection, scheduling, and training.
- Responsible for proper opening and closing procedures of Rhodes Hall
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of Rhodes Hall rental spaces including kitchen, first floor reception areas, bride’s and groom’s room
- Ensures rental policies and preferred catering arrangements are kept up-to-date and enforced.
- Ensures the integrity of historic Rhodes Hall is protected at all times.
- Assists in booking and managing group and walk-in tours.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to market and advertise Rhodes Hall as a special event venue.
- Serves of the initial point of contact for Rhodes Hall visitors during normal business hours and gives guided tours of museum when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To learn more about Rhodes Hall visit www.rhodeshall.org
Bachelor’s degree preferred; hospitality, marketing or other related degree preferred. Experience in event planning necessary. Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously required. Excellent communications skills, positive attitude, and flexibility in adapting on-site hours is mandatory. Must also possess very strong customer service skills. Proficient with computers and management of records. The coordinator should have a sensitivity to historic structures.
Schedule: Flexible schedule is extremely important. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed including all Saturdays and holiday weekends, such as Memorial Day and Labor Day. Most events are on the weekends- Friday/Saturday/Sunday, and most events are in the evening (typical schedule of 3pm-11pm or 4pm-12pm), but we do have some events on weeknights- Monday-Thursday after 5pm. Busy seasons for Events are Fall- September-November, and Spring- April-June.
*Position is a maximum of 35 hours
Compensation: Part-time position, averaging 28-34 hours. Hourly rate plus an incentive plan.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Bryn Chanudet, Senior Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org