Temporary Traffic Control Lead
2 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Are you a skilled Traffic Control Tech. with good collaborative supervisorial skills? Do you believe in lending your talents to end hunger? If so, consider being a Temporary Traffic Control Lead for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 5 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Temporary Traffic Control Lead to help coordinate the day-to-day operations. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
The SF-Marin Food Bank is seeking a motivated, Traffic Control Lead for our San Francisco facility. This position is an essential worker with the following responsibilities: Backing large vehicles of all types particularly with trailers into loading dock runway, and loading docks, Truck Routing, Flagging and Traffic Direction, Pedestrian Control, Traffic & Parking Control, other duties as assigned. The Traffic Control Lead specializes in Control Flagging Setups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Directing a travel route when a driver’s vision is blocked
- Keeping trucks from backing into hazardous areas
- Controlling a safe travel paths for large trucks using universal hand signals
- Customer Service
- Traffic Device Installation
- Traffic Plan Review and Implementation
- Pedestrian Control and Monitoring
- Inventory Control and Requests
- Crew Leadership
- Daily (standup) Safety Meetings
- Jobsite Safety Analysis
- System Evaluations
- Shopper parking assistance (during construction)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to withstand long hours on feet, exposed to the elements
- Understanding of tractor/trailer functionality and maneuverability a must
- Knowledge of universal (trucker) hand signals
- Can lift up to 50lbs
- Great customer service and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Must read/write in English
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Flexible Schedule a must
- Clean driving record a plus
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ Years Traffic Control experience required
- Current Flagging Certification preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience driving delivery trucks
- Conflict Resolution Skills a must
- Light scheduling and routing experience
- Good geographical knowledge of San Francisco preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Warehouse and Outside
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Ability to lift 50 lbs.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated basic skill in writing.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.