Participant Support Manager Bilingual English/Cantonese Preferred
2 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Are you a skilled Supervisor who believes in lending your skills to end hunger during these unprecedented times? If so, consider being a Participant Support Manager at our San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for a Participant Support Manager to provide support to our transportation department. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
The Participant Support Manager is responsible for the development, operation, and management of the SF-Marin Food Bank’s participant Participant Support Center and staff. This position’s standard office hours is Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm. A recently added team at the Food Bank, the Participant Support Center fields calls from participants across multiple Food Bank programs, answering their questions and directing them to appropriate food resources offered by the Food Bank. The Participant Support Center also troubleshoots participant issues, and where they are unable to do so, directs participants’ queries to the appropriate Food Bank staff. Bilingual English/Cantonese preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Develops and oversees the Participant Support Center, ensuring systems and processes are in place to maximize the participant experience with the most efficient use of resources.
- Hires, manages, trains, and evaluates a team of associates, ensuring adherence to Food Bank guidelines and protocols.
- Leads team in annual and strategic planning and sets a strong vision for the team, including clear priorities, objectives and measurable goals.
- Provides professional development support and mentors and coaches individuals toward greater professional achievement.
- Ensures proper set-up of the Participant Support line and assigns tasks and tickets as appropriate.
- Sets standards for staff to: solve all participant queries with as few resources as possible; solve all participant queries in such a way as to enhance the participant experience and guarantee respect for the dignity of participants and staff.
- Accountable for developing and documenting protocols and procedures to streamline business operations.
- Identifies any problematic trends in the participant experience and engages other key Food Bank stakeholders to address and improve experience.
- Works to strategically advance the role that the Participant Support Center plays in Food Bank programming.
- Manages implementation of technological tools to advance Participant Support utility to the Food Bank.
- Analyzing and reporting data on agreed upon metrics.
- Strives always to ensure that all interactions leave participants with the feeling that they are a first-class person.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Successful implementation of assigned technology upgrades.
- Metrics indicating successful conclusion of participant concerns per agreed upon goals.
- Metrics indicating participant satisfaction with Participant Support interactions per agreed upon goals.
- Proven experience supervising team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; ability to manage competing priorities.
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to quickly learn new computer software with training.
- Experience using customer support ticketing software required. Zendesk preferred.
- Experience implementing customer support ticketing software highly preferred.
- Experience documenting business processes.
- Experience developing training materials.
- Experience training a team with multiple learning styles
- Ability to interact with volunteers and participants in a professional and polite manner.
- Extensive experience in resolving conflicts by listening, communicating calmly and respectfully to the satisfaction of client.
- Ability to adhere to safety and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to comply with all confidentiality policies and procedures at all times.
- Ability to lead and direct volunteers to productive activities.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of different ethnic, socio-economic, educational, religious, sexual and generational backgrounds.
- Demonstrates values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all dealings with staff, volunteers, and participants.
- Bilingual English/Cantonese required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ENVIRONMENT: Standard office
FINGER DEXTERITY: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Ability to lift 50 lbs.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in Cantonese preferred. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plans with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.