Vice President, Research
- Experience Level
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is looking for a talented team member to oversee and coordinate the research of the organization, supervise the research staff, lead quality control efforts, and leverage OFN’s CDFI member data and external data to produce valuable reports and publications for multiple audiences: OFN members; OFN’s funders and investors; prospective CDFI funders and investors; government agencies; and policymakers.
This is a great opportunity to research, analyze, and produce new reports and publications that will help brighten the spotlight on CDFIs and attract capital – both private and public – into the CDFI industry.
- Manages research team and oversees OFN’s annual data collection efforts, including Annual Member Survey and transaction level data from CDFIs.
- Produces valuable reports and publications for multiple audiences by leveraging OFN member data and external data.
- Works with Financial Services team to capture risk and portfolio management data to assist with internal revenue forecasting and investor reporting requirements.
- Drafts sections of reports and other research products and present findings and analysis of research in a wide range of venues.
- Leads the CDFI Coverage Map’s development. Performs internal GIS analysis and develop parallel GIS platforms for displaying CDFI Coverage Map data, as well as other spatial data sources (ArcGIS, Tableau).
- Maintains database management on numerous internal and external relational and designs and builds relational databases that streamline OFN’s analytic processes; develop geographic information systems (GIS) in support of the CDFI Coverage Map and OFN’s other spatial analyses.
- Advises OFN leadership and other departments on CDFI trends and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or 7-10 years of work experience in lieu of a degree; graduate degree a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in financial analysis; experience in financial analysis of financial institutions and nonprofits preferred.
- 7+ years of professional experience in primary data collection and data analytics.
- 7+ years of experience with geographic information systems (GIS) software.
- 7+ years of professional experience in designing research studies.
- 7+ years of experience in designing, building, and querying relational databases.
- 7+ years of experience with statistical software, especially for crosstabulation, regression, and factor analysis (e.g., Wincross, SPSS, R).
- 3+ years in a supervisory or managerial capacity. Project management experience.
- Must possess a strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision, and values. In addition, be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- A collaborative team player who possesses the interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work. Be a strong team contributor, effective and comfortable in leading as well as supporting roles within teams.
- Be a smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational ability required with a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including interacting and partnering with a diverse range of internal and external constituents, key stakeholders, and audiences, as well as the ability to effectively communicate and present financial performance and expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, operate in a face paced environment with fluctuating priorities, and delegate tasks effectively required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and write original communications, policies and procedures, reports and forms is required.
- Digital literacy and ability to navigate workplace technology.
- Light to moderate travel required (15% of time).
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
Supervisor’s Title: Executive Vice President, Network Services FLSA: Exempt