- Experience Level
The Development Associate’s responsibilities include implementation of all Callanwolde fundraising initiatives. This position requires a dedicated passion and appreciation of Callanwolde’s programs, history and service to the community. The ability to work in a collaborative work environment is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing fundraising appeals and acknowledgment letters
- Processing donations and entering fundraising data into the database
- Researching and applying for grant opportunities
- Coordinating and planning cultivation and fundraising events
- Working with board fundraising committee
- Managing volunteers at events
- Performing prospect research and analysis
- Cultivating individual donors through phone follow-ups and in-person conversations
- Acquiring new donors and manages a donor database; keeps in regular contact with donors during fundraising events
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date
- Troubleshooting database issues.
- Providing support to various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events
- Assisting with the creation and finalization of guest lists
- Mailing flyers and other correspondence to potential donors, volunteers and guests in order to inform them of events and activities
- Providing support to other advertising efforts and public relations
- Assisting in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.