FT Development Coordinator
2 days left
- Experience Level
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Development Coordinator supports the Development Team by organizing and planning logistics for multiple events, including venue and vendor selection, in-kind savings for events, managing vendor relations, strategic planning and budgeting, and managing our women’s volunteer guild.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Covenant House Georgia reserves the right to unilaterally modify, remove, or add to any of the following:
- Coordinates logistics for multiple events, including our million dollar gala, A Night of Broadway Stars, Sleep Out events, Covenant House Georgia’s 20th Anniversary Party, and additional events as needed.
- Researches, recommends, and negotiates contracts for event venues and walks sites
- Investigates, selects, and negotiates vendor contracts and permits
- Plans all logistics for events including, catering needs, event/room set-up, risk management (police, fire, EMS), a/v equipment, transportation, and hotel as needed
- Prepares budgets and forecasts and compiles summaries of total event costs
- Manages event inventory, including purchasing and delivery to event site
- Responsible for event emergency plans, insurance documents, contact lists
- Provides onsite management of events to include oversight of vendors
- Maintains a working knowledge of Covenant House Georgia’s mission and programs to promote fundraising.
- Manages Women’s Guild, The Covey Guild, by working closely with guild leadership
- Creates meaningful relationships and engagement opportunities for the guild
- Increases women guild’s membership year over year by recruitment and retention of members
- Upholds Covenant House Georgia standards of conduct, policies and procedures at all times.
- Models appropriate, professional behavior for staff to establish and maintain superior services to youth in a safe and inviting atmosphere.
- Ensures that all buildings and surrounding areas are safe and free from any conditions that may cause harm or danger to youth, staff, volunteers, or visitors.
- Ensures compliance of files in accordance to specific city, state and Federal guidelines.
- Participates in other CHGA programs and activities as required.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Responds in a timely manner to emergencies and resolve issues.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: There are no supervisory duties assigned to this position
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in a related field required; Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in event planning, non-profit, volunteer management
- Excellent organization skills, detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative work style
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple requests
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals
- Understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions
- Working professionally and effectively in a team environment
- Adhering to multiple timelines and deadlines
- Working flexible hours as required in order to meet client needs during events which may take place outside of regular Monday-Friday business hours; this may include evenings, weekends and early mornings.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Flexible, amiable, & willing to work as a team player
- Strong computer skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to work standing, walking, and/or sitting a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift.
- Ability to drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel as needed for training or to fulfill job requirements.