Digital and Social Media Coordinator
1 day left
- Experience Level
WHO WE ARE
The Partnership on AI (PAI) is the leading forum addressing the most important and difficult decisions on the future of AI.
We are a non-profit that invites diverse voices into the process of technical governance, design, and deployment of AI technologies.
Our essential Partners work together across industry, academia, and civil society to understand the implications of AI advancements and ensure they benefit society equitably.
Through dialogue, insight, education, and guidance, PAI informs responsible AI solutions and identifies opportunities to address humanity’s pressing challenges.
Our vision is a future where Artificial Intelligence empowers humanity by contributing to a more just, equitable, and prosperous world. Our mission is to bring diverse voices together across global sectors, disciplines, and demographics so developments in AI advance positive outcomes for people and society.
If you are committed to a future of responsible AI and you are interested in joining the Partnership on AI in our quest, we genuinely appreciate your interest and we want to hear from you.
Partnership on AI is seeking a Digital and Social Media Coordinator who will be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and updating the soon-to-be relaunched PAI website as well as writing and scheduling social media content and analyzing reach and impact. The ideal candidate will be able to propose and develop creative and compelling ways to deepen and broaden our engagement with our community through social media with our branding, mission, organizational goals, and communications strategy in mind.
This position will be instrumental in expanding our brand recognition to our Partner community and other stakeholders. You’ll help ensure that what we share on social media resonates with the audiences we’re trying to reach and use data to optimize our strategy to drive awareness and community engagement. You’ll understand the strengths and weaknesses on each social media platform, what content performs well, and how to grow and nurture an actively engaged community. The job requires a strong understanding of social media strategy and community management, superb Wordpress skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
We are looking for someone committed to understanding and articulating PAI’s mission and excited to delve deeply into the responsible AI ecosystem to help translate our work in an accessible way.
WHAT YOU’LL DO: WEBSITE
- Update and maintain PAI’s Wordpress website on a daily basis as needed
- Troubleshoot all website related issues
- Design and publish new pages as needed using pre-existing modules as well as determining the best integrations for specific PAI Program needs
- Work closely with Research teams to identify needs, determine feasibility, and execute as approved
- Assist with production of content developed for the website as needed
- Translate Google analytics to the team on a regular basis
WHAT YOU’LL DO: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Work closely with teammates within the Content & Communications department to plan and execute on the social media strategy informed by PAI’s mission and goals
- Write, schedule, and track all social media posts across LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Develop content which engages our community of AI practitioners, industry leaders, civil society, academics, media, public officials, and the general public
- Design and maintain a social media content calendar
- Work cross-functionally and manage two-way communication with staff about upcoming campaigns and initiatives
- Work with the Visual Designer to create visuals for social media to highlight both PAI as an organization, and our various Programs and Workstreams, which maintain brand consistency
- Determine the best way to build our social media audience and brand identity
- Engage directly on PAI’s various channels as a community manager and share insights and stories which highlight organizational impact to inform work across the organization
- Monitor conversations across existing channels (including our Partner Slack channel) and research branching into new channels (Clubhouse for example)
- Actively listen to conversations on social media about issues and topics important to PAI
- Test and measure new approaches to help determine how best to use our social channels and share regular reports on social media performance
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience managing social accounts and websites
- Exceptional Wordpress expertise, including plug-ins and other compatibility knowledge
- Experience in interpreting analytics and metrics across platforms using Google analytics and other methods
- Exceptional writing skills and experience writing creative and engaging content for web/social media
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, and a command of the rules of grammar
- Google Workspace, Hootsuite, Asana, Slack, and Salesforce familiarity
- Coding and HTML skills a plus
- Video and audio editing skills a plus
WHO YOU ARE / WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse team with shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-through on projects and communication.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven, non-profit organization
- A growth mindset of learning new techniques and increasing your skill set
- Passion for identifying opportunities from trends and emerging platforms.
- Eagerness to be creative about how to best position PAI on various platforms in order to reach our targeted audiences and excited about directing content to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Talent for translating complex scientific topics into accessible language
QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO US:
- Builds Trust: Able to be transparent by being authentic, conveying trust and communicating openly while involving key stakeholders in decision-making.
- Visionary: Able to take a long-term perspective, conveying a belief in an outcome, and displaying the confidence to reach goals
- Inspirational: Able to inspire and motivate others in a positive manner
- Courageous: Able to seek out opportunities for continuous improvement, and fearless in intervening in challenging situations
- Decisive: Able to make informed decisions in a timely fashion
- Personal Development: Able to seek opportunities for individual personal development
We know that research has shown that some potential applicants will submit an application only when they feel that they have met close to all of the qualifications for a role—we encourage you to take a leap of faith with us and submit your application as long as you are passionate about working to make real impact on responsible AI. We are very interested in hearing from a diverse pool of candidates.
PAI offers a generous paid leave and benefits package, including: Twenty vacation days; three personal reflection days; sick leave and family leave above industry standards; high-quality PPO and HMO health insurance plans, many 100% covered by PAI; Dental and vision insurance 100% covered by PAI; up to a 7% 401K match, vested immediately; FSA and HSA eligibility, pre-tax commuter benefits (Clipper); automatic cell phone reimbursement ($75/month); up to $1,000 in professional development funds annually; regular team lunches & mental health days; opportunities to attend AI related conferences and events and to collaborate with our Partners across industry, academia and civil society. Please refer to our careers page for an updated list of benefits.
PAI is headquartered in San Francisco, with a global membership base and scope. This role is eligible for remote work within the United States and Canada with no requirement to be located in San Francisco. We do not offer visa support for this position at this time.
PAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promoting, training, education assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, and all privileges and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at PAI are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
PAI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or similar laws.
The Partnership on AI may become subject to certain governmental record keeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations. We also track diversity in our workforce for the purpose of improving over time. In order to comply with these goals, the Partnership on AI invites employees to voluntarily self-identify their gender and race/ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not jeopardize or adversely affect employment or any consideration you may receive for employment or advancement. The information obtained will be kept confidential.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a cover letter and resume by May 14th
Only complete applications will be reviewed.