1 day left
- Experience Level
Program and Position Overview
The Housing Services Program helps prevent families from becoming homeless and helps those experiencing homelessness move as quickly as possible into permanent housing. The program assists families to secure permanent housing through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, homelessness prevention, rent subsidies, and home-based case management.
The Project Manager – Housing Services leads operational improvement initiatives and maintains ongoing systems within the Housing Services department, particularly within the Housing Stability team. Essential for this position are an inquiring and detail-oriented mind, ability to anticipate pitfalls, and excellent communication skills to influence, share knowledge and drive change. While this role may lead initiatives or systems spanning the Housing Services department, there is a particular focus on work within the Housing Stability team. As such, this role reports to the Housing Stability Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Improve current operations management practices for Housing Services and develop systems for ongoing maintenance. In partnership with Housing Services leadership and in consultation with direct service staff, create and roll out more effective and efficient systems for daily work carried out by Specialists and leadership.
• Regularly maintain and document program operations information, including policies and procedures (particularly for Stability team). Generate guidelines for documentation maintenance.
• Develop ongoing systems for capturing and carrying out new operating norms (including on participant documentation, Salesforce, DocuSign, internal policies, or other platforms).
• Create systems to carry out initiatives in partnership with other departments, especially Strategic Partnerships and Development. Own the work of operationalizing initiatives and ensuring successful completion, working closely with Housing Services leadership and direct service staff. Lead ongoing evaluation of these efforts with other departments.
• Manage some ongoing processes, which may include extension request review board, follow-up call assignments, and/or internal file and systems compliance. Maintain focus on improving these and other ongoing systems to make them easier to use and more family-centered.
• Assist with other tasks in support of Housing Services leaders, including occasional supervisory duties.
• Participate in team meetings and maintain awareness and understanding of daily operations and related challenges. Suggest improvements to policies and processes that lead to greater effectiveness and efficiency. Lead improvement projects as directed by Housing Stability Director.
• Suggest and lead projects to streamline program policies and documentation to improve the participant experience and support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
• Generate strategies to support existing practices with technology and communications tools.
• Own operations, tracking and needs analysis for in-kind gift donations within Housing Services in partnership with Development team.
• Analyze the effectiveness of the new systems and processes. Develop key performance indicators and course-correct as needed to achieve results.
• Drive strategic initiatives as directed by Housing Stability Director, and support the development of long-term growth plans and delivery goals.
• Support Housing Services leadership team to improve data quality, including on HMIS, contract partner platforms, and internal case management platform. Elevate data-informed practices across Housing Services, such as through improvement of data dashboards.
• Lead operations of other initiatives as assigned by Housing Stability Director. Initiatives may include staff onboarding systems, fiscal systems improvement, and/or audit preparation and follow-up.
• Work closely with other Housing Services leaders, who will help to ensure that projects and initiatives led by the Project Manager are carried out by the Housing Services team, using appropriate accountability measures for direct reports and colleagues.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
• Possession of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to self-motivate
• Able to address multiple priorities and meet deadlines with a positive, professional, and helpful attitude and problem-solving approach
• Interpersonal skills to communicate with both managers and direct-service staff in order to create and administer policies.
• Big-picture thinking skills to address top-level concerns and find the best path forward from all of the available data
• Experience using a trauma-informed approach in program or project management
• Demonstrated understanding of the importance of racial justice and diversity, equity, and inclusion in program or project management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc.). Proficient in, or ability to learn quickly, other technology platforms such as Slack, DocuSign, HMIS platforms, and Salesforce.
• Essential functions of the position require use of a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal, and the ability to follow reasonable ergonomic recommendations, sit for long periods, stand, reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds.
• Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, and tuberculosis (TB) clearance required post-offer.