1 day left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Food Well Alliance is a collaborative network of local leaders working together to build thriving
community gardens and urban farms in metro Atlanta. We believe that locally-grown food is a tool
for building healthier communities and that thriving gardens and farms strengthen the heart of cities.
We work with over 120 community gardens and 35 urban farms in neighborhoods across Fulton, DeKalb,
Cobb, Clayton and Gwinnett counties.
In 2017, Food Well Alliance published "Atlanta's Local Food Baseline Report" and discovered three key
challenges to advancing urban agriculture — lack of coordinated resources for urban gardens and farms, lack
of growers' participation in policy decision-making, and lack of residents' connection to fresh, locally- grown
food. Working collaboratively with strong regional partners, we are addressing challenges through three
• Resource Center: We identify innovative, best-in-class programs and provide grants as well as
technical and physical resources to help community gardens and urban farms thrive.
• Policy and Advocacy: We collaborate with local government leaders to develop inclusive policies and
plans that include resources for gardens and farms, like compost and land, with a goal to ignite a
regional coalition for urban agriculture. We host round table discussions between farmers and
distributors to make the urban agricultural community function better.
• Educational Experiences: We design and execute unforgettable events and educational experiences
that connect communities to where their food comes from and to the people who grow it.
Food Well Alliance is seeking an innovative and driven Marketing Manager to oversee our organization's
marketing strategy. The Marketing Manager will work directly with the Executive Director and Food Well
Alliance’s program teams to optimize our brand presence on digital platforms, track campaign progress,
develop various digital and print marketing materials, source images and artwork, manage content, update
online assets, and coordinate and streamline the production of all marketing materials. Creative thinking
strategies will be a critical component in driving our organization’s narrative, enhancing our organization's
brand identity, improving digital communication with stakeholders, and creating impact through ongoing
Ideal candidates for this role should be creative, in-tune with marketing trends, well-organized, and an
excellent writer and communicator.
• Management of marketing initiatives and digital marketing strategy
• Implementation and automation of content management systems
• Managing Food Well Alliance’s website including web forms, donation pages and other integrations
• Managing email marketing efforts through Mailchimp
• Producing regular reports detailing social media platform, website and email engagement
• Assisting in compiling data to support program evaluation process
• Working with our Senior Manager of Donor & Public Relations to produce engaging and well-written
• Writing and reviewing blog posts and website content
• Creating and managing mailing lists
• Developing and editing marketing materials
• Working with event teams to market special events
• Coordinating with fundraising team to implement fundraising campaigns
• Developing and sourcing content for digital platforms
• Optimizing SEO
• Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, advertising, or content creation
• Knowledgeable about social media trends and tools and content management systems
• Excellent storyteller with strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
• Self-starter who is highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of or interest in Atlanta’s local food movement and how to best engage the community
around local food
• Project management experience and knowledge of web analytics and best practices
• Knowledge of email marketing platforms ie. Mailchimp
• Familiarity with Google Suite and Adobe CS/Cloud applications
The salary range is $45,000 - $55,000. Benefits are comprehensive and include medical insurance, life insurance, 3% employer-matched contributions toward a 401(k)-retirement plan and a generous paid-time-
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Food Well Alliance is a community that is proud to represent different racial, socio-economic, gender, and
other identities. Our diversity as a community is our strength, driving our ability to be empathetic, visionary,
and effective leaders in the local food movement and our city.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to email@example.com, to
the attention of Kate Conner, Executive Director, by May 19, 2021. Include “Marketing Manager_Last
Name” in the email subject line.