Part-Time Program Specialist
- Experience Level
This up-to-20 hours per month position will work under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director of Positive Youth Development to provide staff support and management of the GUIDE Youth Advisory Board (YAB). This position will serve as the primary point of contact for all YAB-related business.
This position requires some weekend and evening work that varies from year to year and attendance at GUIDE’s annual leadership program, Georgia Teen Institute, for four days each summer (suspended for summer 2021; will resume summer 2022). The ability to work occasional evenings and weekends throughout the year and GTI each summer is non-negotiable.
Job Responsibilities include managing, supporting and serving as a coordinator of GUIDE’s Youth Advisory Board (YAB) to include working closely with other GUIDE Staff in regards to the following:
- Member application, recruitment, interviewing and selection;
- Member communications including meeting, event and Board meeting announcements;
- Meeting coordination, logistics and staffing;
- Relationship building including during and in-between meetings and events;
- Attending all community events that involve the YAB;
- Attending Georgia Teen Institute as the YAB Adult Advisor, participating fully in all activities, staying on campus overnight and providing supervision and support for YAB members in attendance;
- Participating in and meeting all grant and contract-required duties, including but not limited to, attending quarterly networking events/meetings, submitting monthly reports and coordinating all paperwork, permission slips and other necessary documents;
- Attending monthly Prevention Action Collaborative of Gwinnett (PAC-G) meetings to support YAB members in attendance;
- Gathering, maintaining and reporting data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and grant applications, including capturing photos and providing social media content;
- Supporting other GUIDE Staff in researching, writing and submitting grant requests for YAB; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in youth development, empowerment and leadership required.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required, expertise expected with Word and Excel, knowledge of PowerPoint is helpful.
- Expertise in working with Google products including Gmail, Docs, Calendars, etc. required.
- Familiarity with Zoom helpful; expertise preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated professional communications both internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to shift gears quickly, adapt to changing priorities, multi-task and work independently
- Requires reliable transportation and a Georgia driver’s license
- Must be a non-smoker (including vaping)
- Must have own cell phone
- Must satisfactorily a criminal background check and E-verify
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Lawrenceville
- Child Care / After school / Counselor Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Lawrenceville
- Customer Service / Retail Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Lawrenceville
- Direct Service / Social Service Youth Development up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Lawrenceville