Part-Time Program Assistant
- Experience Level
This 20-25 hour per week position will work under the supervision of the Associate Executive Director of Positive Youth Development (PYD). Within the PYD work, we focus on offering research-based best practices through various youth development and professional development work and training events including multi-day conferences and Georgia Teen Institute.
The Program Assistant position includes, but is not limited to, working with or supporting positive youth development strategies and training; Georgia Teen Institute; attendance at community events to distribute materials; and participation in workshops, conferences and events. Support for the two-week residential summer leadership conference, Georgia Teen Institute (GTI), is mandatory, but being on-site for the full time is not required. This position may require occasional overnight, out-of-town travel for trainings and conferences, and some weekend and evening work that varies from year to year. The capacity for out-of-town assignments with overnight stays and to work occasional evenings and weekends throughout the year is non-negotiable.
Job Responsibilities include overall administrative support for the Positive Youth Development team including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining GUIDE Store and PYD inventory, which includes the creation and maintenance of databases and maintaining organizational standards for PYD storage while securing, preparing and restocking supplies for events;
- Maintaining and updating team and program-specific spreadsheets and databases;
- Setting up PYD Team meeting agendas, attending meetings and taking minutes;
- Attending and participating in all PYD events, which includes setting up, staffing/assisting during events and breaking down afterward;
- Completing PYD printing, filing, mailings and other related tasks;
- Staffing information exhibits related to GUIDE, Georgia Teen Institute and trainings;
- Gathering, maintaining and reporting data for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and grant applications;
- Supporting the maintenance of the website and social media outlets with up-to-date and current information; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in administrative tasks and customer service required.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required, expertise expected with Word and Excel, knowledge of PowerPoint is helpful.
- Expertise in working with Google products including Gmail, Docs, Calendars, etc. required.
- Familiarity with Zoom helpful; expertise preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated professional communications both internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor and ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to shift gears quickly, adapt to changing priorities, multi-task and work independently
- Requires reliable transportation and a Georgia driver’s license
- Must be a non-smoker (including vaping)
- Must have own cell phone
- Must satisfactorily a criminal background check and E-verify