Pharmacist in Charge, bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
The SVdP Pharmacist will be responsible for dispensing prescription medication along with key information, such as side effects, contraindications with other medicines, and a range of other concerns. They will also advise customers of their physicians' dosage and usage instructions to ensure medications are safely and effectively consumed as needed. Additionally, the SVdP Pharmacist may also advise clients on general healthcare and must work according to legal and ethical guidelines.
Pharmacist Job Responsibilities:
- Review and execute physician’s prescriptions checking their appropriateness and legality
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking, and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration
- Listen carefully to clients to interpret their needs and issues and offer information and advice
- Provide assistance for other medical services such as injections, taking blood pressure, temperature measurements etc.
- Prepare medicine when appropriate using correct dosages and material for each individual patient
- Keep records of patient history and of all activities regarding heavy medication
Pharmacist Qualifications / Skills:
- Analyzing information
- Administering medication
- Verbal communication
- FDA health regulations
- Managing processes
- Legal compliance
- Quality focus
- Attention to detail
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Graduate degree from an accredited pharmacy college recognized by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Completion of an emergency contraception training course approved by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE), curriculum-based programs from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy, applicable state or local health department programs, or programs recognized by the board of pharmacy upon hire
- Valid state pharmacist license (or must meet education requirement(s) for state licensure)
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification upon hire
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and background plus benefits including health insurance and 401K retirement plan, great work environment, hours and team.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will perform other related duties as may be required.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about St. Vincent de Paul Georgia at www.svdpgeorgia.org