Contra Costa Immigrant Rights Alliance Manager
- Experience Level
Contra Costa Immigrant Rights Alliance (CCIRA)
sponsored by Monument Impact
Exciting Opportunity to Join the Movement for
Immigrant Rights, Racial Justice, and Resistance in Contra Costa County
Contra Costa Immigrant Rights Alliance (“CCIRA”) seeks a full-time Coalition Manager to assist with CCIRA’s work of advancing immigrant rights and building immigrant power in Contra Costa County. CCIRA is a coalition of community, faith, advocacy and immigrant-led organizations that formed in the Spring of 2017 to provide a platform to support actions by multiple players across the County. CCIRA works to collectively move campaigns forward by drawing on the experience and best practices of organizations doing local and regional work to engage the broader community in supporting immigrants. The mission is to help make Contra Costa a county that welcomes, honors and protects the rights of immigrant members of our communities. We seek to:
- Advocate for city and county policies that protect the rights and due process of immigrants in this political climate;
- Improve access to resources and services for immigrant communities;
- Lift up the voices and leadership of the most vulnerable immigrants; and
- Educate, train and foster a deeper analysis of the broken "crimmigration" system among immigrant communities and allies.
Position Summary: The CCIRA Manager will have primary responsibility for organizing the day-to-day activities of the alliance, including coordinating monthly general meetings and committee work, recruiting new members, and assisting Alliance members in base building, and mobilizing direct actions. The Coalition Manager will supervise one organizer, will report to Monument Impact’s Community Organizing Manager, and will be responsible for working closely with CCIRA’s Steering Committee as they determine Coalition strategy and implementation plans. The position will be based out of Concord, CA, but will work remotely as needed.
- Guide and manage the CCIRA alliance; grow and strengthen CCIRA membership.
- Organize members in coalition activities/actions
- Lead and facilitate the Steering Committee and General Membership meetings.
- Assist in setting strategy and goals
- Help create and disseminate materials in multiple languages as needed.
- Ensure ongoing communication with coalition members including the provision of agendas and minutes, and the organization of the alliance’s documents and records
- Keep a pulse on immigrant rights movement broadly, serve as a liaison with similar coalitions and immigrant rights organizations in the region.
Immigrant Rights Integration
- In partnership with anchoring the CCIRA coalition, this role would be a thought leader and strategist on immigrant rights internally to Monument Impact.
- Supervise one organizer on immigrant rights
- Ensure immigrants and undocumented immigrants are integrated and centered within the coalition and Monument Impact. This may require initiating strategic outreach, developing leadership, and assessing decision making processes.
- Manage CCIRA’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, in consultation with the Steering Committee and other members.
- Work with other members to organize and promote events, including town halls and other community events.
- Develop talking points and toolkits for campaigns/advocacy
- Engage and coordinate with media/press
- Work with Monument Impact’s Community Organizing Manager and other staff to help manage CCIRA grants, including drafting progress reports and maintaining communication with grant makers as needed.
- Create and manage budgets, in consultation with CCIRA Internal Coordination Committee and Monument Impact staff.
- Research other opportunities for funding for CCIRA.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in diverse coalitions, networks and organizing
- One to two years supervision experience a plus
- Experience in consensus decision making.
- Experience with organizing justice-oriented campaigns and/or direct organizing (workers, students, community groups, or faith-rooted organizations)
- Ability to work with diverse racial/ethnic communities
- Experience working in immigrant rights a plus
- Ability to work independently, with excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral, written, organizational skills; strong interpersonal and relational skills
- Capacity to think strategically and analytically about social, economic, cultural, and political issues
- Creative, self-directed, motivated, and reliable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Lived immigrant experience preferred, multilingual skills a plus
- Contra Costa resident a priority
- Must have a car, insurance and a current drivers’ license.
Monument Impact serves as the sponsor for CCIRA. Founded in 2001, Monument Impact is a community-based nonprofit dedicated to building skills, resources and power within immigrant, refugee and low-income communities in Concord and East Contra Costa County.
Monument Impact is an affirmative action employer, and strongly supports the social goals of affirmative action. We therefore make special efforts to recruit individuals from groups that are historically under-represented in professional environments, or that suffer from broader societal discrimination. Women, people of color and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Concord
- Marketing / Communications Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Concord
- Program / Project Management Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Concord
- Public Policy / Administration Civil Rights / Advocacy Full Time jobs in Concord