V.P. OF HUMAN RESOURCES
6 days left
- Experience Level
The Atlanta Botanical Garden has an immediate opening for a V.P. of Human Resources. Come be a part of a progressive, energetic management team. The mission of the Atlanta Botanical Garden is to develop and maintain plant collections for display, education, research, conservation and enjoyment. We offer a competitive salary along with a great benefits package.
SUMMARY: The Vice President of Human Resources provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization. The Vice President is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- The VP of Human Resources will be responsible for creating and implementing a DEI strategy to include:
- Leadership Commitment
- Recruitment and Hiring of a Diverse Workforce
- Inclusive Performance Management
- Equitable and Inclusive Organizational Cultures
- Develops and manages organization wide training programs
- Assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on key performance metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Resolves compensation, benefits and disciplinary questions, concerns and issues
- Investigate charges of discrimination or harassment and recommend appropriate responses.
- Proficient in conflict resolution
- Audits payroll before transmission
- Consults with appropriate counsel as necessary. Can identify when intervention by counsel is required.
- Administers human resource policies and provides expert HR counsel, coaching and training to management regarding policies and procedures, performance management, employee relations, disciplinary actions, organizational development, work environment issues, recognition and leadership.
- Actively involved with workers compensation claims and general liability claims
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Administers the 403(b)Plan, authorizing payroll downloads, distributions, census, etc.
- Ensures health benefit plans are administered properly through onboarding and payroll
- Drafts and implements the budget for the human resource department. May assist other departments with staffing budget requirements
- Reviews recruiting needs with the staff recruiter
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events to ensure most up-to-date information is utilized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains HR staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
Interact regularly and professionally with all levels of Garden management and staff, benefits providers, vendors, donors and guests.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management required with strategic talent management experience highly preferred
- Seven years’ experience in Senior HR Management to include generalist experience
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
- Must possess superior oral and written communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Must have basic computer skills with experience in use of spreadsheets, database programs and word processing.
- Intermittent standing, walking and stooping with prolonged periods of time sitting at computer or in meetings.
- Subject to frequent interruptions from employees, visitors and telephone calls.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, delegate and complete multiple, often competing tasks, ensuring accuracy and adherence to appropriate laws and regulations and Garden procedures.
- Must be comfortable being exposed to critical, confidential and sometimes conflicting information.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
It is the policy of the Atlanta Botanical Garden to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.