- Experience Level
NPAG is a consulting firm at the intersections of talent strategy, executive search, organizational development, and leadership and organizational capacity building. From its founding, NPAG has been dedicated to serving mission-driven organizations at the leading edge of movements for social change. Our core business is expanding the capacity and diversity of nonprofits by helping them build teams of leaders, changemakers, connectors, and disruptors to advance the missions they serve.
Over our 17 years in business, we have developed a team and company platform that is closely connected virtually from all regions of the U.S. and mobile as needed to serve clients in their home communities. This allows us to provide the highest quality services with a full range of flexibility that results in a sector-leading value proposition for our clients and employees. We offer a creative, energetic, family-friendly workplace environment – our 27 staff span all regions of the U.S. and around the globe, and represent a wide diversity of experiences, perspectives, identities, and both functional and mission areas.
The strength and diversity of our team translates directly to the measurable impact of our work building healthy organizations in the mission-driven sector. Our clients do critical work to advance just, vibrant, and healthy communities, and we help them not just to identify and attract top talent, but to better understand the landscape of challenges and opportunities they face by effectively tapping the wisdom of diverse networks of leaders. The results speak for themselves, and to cite just one measure, over 60% of our placements identify as people of color, and about two-thirds are women.
NPAG continues to expand our team of Associates at all levels to meet the growing demand for our services and integrated approach. We are seeking highly motivated, organized, values-aligned, client-focused problem solvers to join our national team. Experience tells us that our ability to deliver the highest quality services and fulfill our mission is directly related to the diversity of perspectives, professional and lived experiences, represented on our team.
Successful candidates will, first and foremost, be committed to serving the missions of our clients - including but not limited to their support of movements effecting change that advances racial equity and justice, immigrant rights, finance reform toward economic justice, child welfare, gender justice, educational excellence and opportunity, and environmental stewardship.
As client-focused project managers, associates will lead client delivery and ensure that the service we provide meets NPAG’s standards. This will require that the associate:
- Be an active listener and proactively identify and rise to meet the client’s needs;
- Be intentional and explicit in establishing the roles of everyone involved in a particular search;
- Be open to and willing to apply constructive feedback from the client, from candidates, and from his/her/their colleagues;
- Effectively delegate tasks to ensure timely and effective completion;
- And be prepared to learn from failure and apply these lessons in the pursuit of future success.
Throughout the client engagements associates will be expected to bring critical thinking and discernment to the work. This includes supporting the identification of challenges and opportunities that the client is facing and the co-development of strategies for addressing them. A successful associate will:
- Recognize patterns and see challenges before they materialize;
- Bring self-awareness and effort to recognizing and mitigating their own biases;
- Facilitate productive conversations with candidates and sources and collect data that can inform the rest of the client’s process;
- And be able to recognize the values inherent in the client’s processes, systems, and goals, and operationalize these values into measurable competencies for prospective candidates.
As members of a company that values the diversity of the group and which seeks to ingrain the concept of shared leadership throughout the organization, successful associates will:
- Be intellectually curious and be willing to seek out and pursue opportunities to develop their skills;
- Be willing to both be mentored/coached and share their own wisdom and experiences with their colleagues for the benefit of the organization.
Successful associates also make every effort to internalize diversity and equity principles and incorporate them into every facet of their work. Candidates should:
- Be prepared to recognize power dynamics and discuss them in their work both internal to NPAG and externally with clients and candidates;
- Be self-aware and able to reflect on his/her/their behavior and impact on the team and client at all times;
- Be equity fluent and able to recognize equity, diversity, and inclusion as distinct related concepts;
- Be able to recognize when she/he/they need to ask for support from their colleagues;
- And treat everyone with respect, dignity, and grace.
Associates at NPAG will need to be excellent communicators both internally and externally. Successful associates will:
- Be able to develop written materials that are grammatically sound and tailored to the intended audience;
- Be able to persuade groups (i.e., engagement team, client team, etc.) towards shared commitments and understanding;
- Build rapport with both clients and candidates;
- Stay abreast of trends in the sector through thought partnerships with colleagues, research, etc.
- Be capable of presenting to multiple audiences (candidate profiles to clients, client narratives to candidates, industry trends to your colleagues, etc.)
For the full position description and to apply, please visit: https://recruitcrm.io/apply/25265441
More information about NPAG may be found at: http://www.npag.com
Due to the pace of this search, candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume via NPAG’s candidate portal.
NPAG is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and strives for authentic inclusion. NPAG does not discriminate in employment based on any individual's race, socioeconomic status, national origin, color, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and encourage all candidates to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Customer Service / Retail Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Human Resources / Recruiting Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home
- Technology / Data Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Working from home