Community Engagement Manager
- Experience Level
Our City Forest is seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Community Engagement Manager to oversee its AmeriCorps and Volunteer program. The Community Engagement Manager oversees the recruitment of a diverse corps of community volunteers, AmeriCorps service members, and interns, linking them to a broad array of volunteer, service and job training opportunities at Our City Forest. The Community Engagement Manager employs effective outreach strategies and cultivates partnerships to achieve success.
The overarching goal of OCF is to increase community capacity to properly plant, maintain and manage our urban forest. This is achieved by providing an array of education and training opportunities, in conjunction with ongoing planting projects, to effectively engage thousands of residents every year.
A strong candidate for this position will someone who enjoys working with people, has an interest or passion in Urban Forestry and Education, and possesses strong management skills.
Our City Forest (OCF) is a San José-based nonprofit serving San José and communities throughout Santa Clara County. OCF provides a broad range of urban forestry services and award-winning programs include community planting, tree stewardship, a full-scale community nursery, lawn conversions, educational programming, volunteer training, and green jobs service and training opportunities. Visit www.ourcityforest.org
Key Responsibilities of Community Engagement Manager
This position will supervise a program team, and will have oversight of the following programs:
- AmeriCorps Recruitment and Grant Administration
- Volunteer Outreach and Tree Amigo Training
- Community Outreach and Education
- Communications (newsletters, publications, social media, mailings)
- 2+ years management experience with volunteers, service members or staff
- Experience and strong desire to work with volunteers and community members
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with data base entry/management and office software
- Current CA driver license with clean DMV record
- Must pass all background checks (fingerprinting, etc.) prior to employment
- Possess a strong environmental stewardship ethic
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Arborist certification
- Experience with an AmeriCorps community service program
- InDesign or Graphic experience
- Experience in grant writing and compliance.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week, Tuesday through Saturday
Salary is negotiable based on skills, certifications and years of relevant experience.
Opening is immediate; applications taken until position filled
*Please e-mail resumé with a cover letter containing the following!
- Minimum salary requirement
- Available start date
- Names and titles of 3 professional references (contact info optional)
Please email to: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Conservation Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Education / Teaching Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Program / Project Management Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Volunteer Services Environment $60,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in San Jose