Learning and Development Program Manager
- Experience Level
Solid Ground believes poverty is solvable. Our communities are stronger when we support stability and break down the barriers to overcoming poverty. Solid Ground does both. We combine direct services with advocacy to meet basic needs, nurture success, and spread change. Through our programs, people gain stability and build skills that equip them to move forward in their lives. Through advocacy, we work toward ending racism and other oppressions embedded in our institutions, policies, and culture that hold people back from succeeding. We bring the voices of people experiencing poverty into the political process, furthering social justice and supporting our entire community to reach its potential. As our workforce evolves to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, our agency and workplace will be enriched and strengthened and as such we will:
- Demonstrate the initiative to learn and enhance skills that promote anti-racism, cultural competency and an understanding of oppression and its impact
- Participate in intentional learning efforts, including events relating to understanding and dismantling institutional racism and building cultural competency and encourage staff to fully engage in those activities.
Job Summary: The Learning Program Manager will drive the agency’s vision of becoming a high performing anti-racist and trauma-informed organization through the design and delivery of engaging learning programs. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs and collaborates with the HR Director and Anti-racism Initiative Manager to drive the talent management strategy and training initiatives; and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees.
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and customer representatives
- Independently or in collaboration with SMEs designs unique training and development programs, and objectives, to fulfill employees’ needs to acquire, maintain and/or enhance job-specific skills
- Develops, administers and maintains organization’s year-long onboarding program and calendar; and orientations for employees and customers;
- Administers spending against the departmental budget
- Creates and/or acquires effective training materials such as manuals, guides, and course materials, utilizing a variety of media and training platforms
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events • Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development
- Modifies programs as needed
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff
Education and Experience: Requires one of the following
a) Bachelor's degree in relevant field; masters preferred.
b) Five years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
c) Any combination of education, experience and measurable performance which demonstrates the capability to perform the duties of this position
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRMSCP) credential preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development programs
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365 (Teams and SharePoint)
Anti-Racism Initiative (ARI) Expectations:
- Foster discussion and learning among staff to better understand and dismantle institutional racism.
- Abide by and support agency-wide efforts to incorporate anti-racism principles and cultural competency and standards into all hiring processes and performance evaluations.
- Enhance personal skill development as well as guiding managers and supervisors in their own skill development.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: This position works in an office setting with prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Position requires employee to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds at a time. Position has the ability to sit/stand as needed. Stairs not required. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, this position has the ability to work remotely at all times.