4 days left
- Experience Level
FOR THE FULL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org
JOB TYPE: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt; Confidential
JOB LOCATION: New York City (Office-based position) [TEMPORARILY REMOTE**SEE COVID-19 NOTICE**]
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 – $85,000 annually, based on experience
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance and AD&D; FSA; Commuter Benefits; 403(b) Retirement Plan with matching; Paid Time Off; Paid Parental Leave; Professional Development Assistance
Due to the pandemic, NAPW is at present a completely remote workforce, therefore this will start as a remote position. We will work with the selected candidate to ensure that s/he has the tools, equipment, and digital on-boarding to be successfully integrated into our remote work environment. All staff will transition to onsite when the office reopens.
NAPW is seeking a Development Manager (DvM) to assist with existing fundraising efforts/strategies and to help develop, implement and manage a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the organization.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Executive Director, with close consultation with the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer, the DvM will align development activities with NAPW’s strategic priorities. The DvM will also work closely with Legal, Finance, and Communications teams and will take part in Board and senior management team meetings as required.
The ideal DvM is a results-oriented individual with strong project management skills and a strong comfort with a hands-on approach to fund development. The DvM will develop strategies to maximize foundation opportunities, cultivate new and ongoing individual donors, and identify and coordinate fundraising opportunities, including annual fundraising events, in addition to other opportunities like lectures, webinars, and smaller gatherings.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Developing fundraising strategies
- Grant identification, writing, reporting, and tracking
- Raising income and coordinating NAPW fundraising efforts and reporting
- Managing donor relations
- Be responsible for the fundraising budget.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university;
- 5-7 years of direct and consistent fundraising and grant writing experience, with demonstrated a track record of success;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proposal writing, public speaking, with strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with a range of stakeholders; Be a strong strategic thinker;
- Financial acumen; superior organizational, time management, and project management skills, and an ability to multi-task;
- Ability to step into an active role immediately; proven ability to make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis;
- Demonstrated alignment with NAPW's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Solid experience using Mac OS platform and equipment (NAPW is an 100% Mac environment);
- Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in a variety of Mac OS computer software applications, social media platforms, and databases (REQUIRED: MS Office Suite, Gmail, Zoom, Google Docs, Social Media apps);
- Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience (or trainability) in Mac OS platform Development/Donor management applications;
- Impeccable integrity, judgment, and discretion; A balance of humor and diligence, humility and mission-driven ambition.
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE HIRE
REQUIRED SUBMISSIONS (MUST INCLUDE ALL ITEMS LISTED BELOW):
1) Cover Letter which must include all of the following elements:
a) Your personal and professional motivation for seeking this position.
b) A discussion of what makes you the ideal/best candidate for this position
c) Explain how your skill sets and experience best demonstrate your strategic approach.
d) If relevant to you, the identities, perspectives, and experiences that you would bring to NAPW that are important to you and/or relevant to our work
e) Indicate where you found this job announcement.
3) Three (3) professional references
INSTRUCTIONS: NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES PLEASE.
All submissions must be sent via email only to: NAPWjobs@AdvocatesForPregnantWomen.org with the subject line: NAPW Development Manager (April 2021)