HR Compliance Analyst
- Experience Level
The HR Compliance Associate (HR Focus) is integral to the success of CEO in that they support building knowledge about and reducing major areas of risk for the organization and develop plans that limit potential losses and increase safety within the organization. The Compliance Associate does this by monitoring relevant laws and regulations, developing internal rules and guidelines, documenting key information, creating and distributing notices, and training staff. They refine, develop, and implement our risk management program.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years of experience in Employment Law/Compliance
- You thrive in a fast-growing and results-oriented organization and have deep interest in learning CEO’s program model and practices
- You have detailed attention to accuracy and strong documentation as related to compliance
- You have strong writing, reading comprehension, and analysis skills.
- You proactively take initiative to assess and address potential areas of risk.
- You have the ability to communicate clear policies, procedures, and guidance documents informing staff of compliance requirements
- You employ organizational abilities and time and project management skills to support performance
- You have strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to technical and non-technical audiences
- You have proficiency with MS Office and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite).
- You are dedicated to achieving personal, team, and organizational outcomes and value continued learning for yourself and others.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
Key responsibilities of the (title) include but are not limited to:
Compliance Policy Development (HR Focused)
- Draft compliance policies when needed, with a specific focus on HR policies
- Collaborate and coordinate with HR Ops/Benefits team to develop, refine, implement, and refine HR policies
- Support the development, coordination, and implementation of risk management plans relating to wage-hour compliance, and other employment laws, with guidance from the Legal & Compliance teams
Compliance Monitoring (HR Focused)
- Develop and implement a periodic audit of organizational compliance with HR, wage-hour, and other employment policies and laws
- Coordinate with Claims Coordinator in managing and closing claims relating to unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation; coordinate with Payroll Manager as needed
- Assist with registrations required for CEO’s operation under federal, state, and local laws are current
- Assist with monitoring lobbying laws and lobbying compliance
- Assist with monitoring regulatory developments related to the work of CEO
- Assist Legal with reviewing, maintaining, and updating Employee Handbook periodically
- Generally provide assistance to Compliance team with other compliance-related projects/tasks
Training and Education
- Assist in the implementation of a national Compliance training program, with a focus on HR policies
- Work with other teams to understand and identify risk areas in their departments
- Develop action plans based upon the findings of internal reviews and conduct internal follow up as needed around implementation
- Collaborate with Contract Team to monitor and track CEO’s compliance with contract requirements relating to HR compliance
- Support safety related issues and initiatives
- Support the program team in the start-up of new CEO locations
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,200 - 55,500/annually CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. This position can be located in any of the cities in which CEO operates. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well the other factors named above.
We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We are a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.