- Experience Level
The Database Coordinator plays a vital role to the financial success of the Charity. The position is responsible for managing the daily processing of donations and acknowledgement letters and requires exceptional attention to detail. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate constituent records, data integrity and extraction. Attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality of donor and Charity information, flexibility, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for ARMHC and its mission are required. This position reports to the Database Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of two years of proven database experience, preferably within a non-profit setting. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Possess the following skills and aptitudes:
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and consistency of all data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time and resource management skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team
Ability to build and foster relationships with individuals with a variety of ages, backgrounds and experience through face to face communications and targeted messaging.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed to achieve goals. Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously while exuding a positive attitude. Possess the following characteristics: compassion, tact, honesty, maturity, trustworthiness, flexibility, intuitive, professionalism and ability to work as part of a team.
- Use Raiser’s Edge donor database system to record all donations and create appropriate acknowledgement correspondence within two business days from the time the donation is received.
- Ensure entry of non-gift related donor information for thorough records to facilitate excellent stewardship and the long-term success of the charity.
- Coordinate matching gift program and ensure that all matching gifts are fulfilled; serve as primary contact for Double the Donation software and all matching gift related questions.
- Record gift pledges, including pledge schedules and reminders.
- Deposit cash and checks as needed, and provide weekly deposit detail to Charity’s external accounting firm.
- Update weekly revenue report and distribute to development team.
- Serve as primary contact for general donation questions.
- Provide financial backup, make weekly bank deposits, and provide deposit information to accounting back office to ensure all necessary information is available for completion of monthly financials.
- Assist with the download and integration of Volunteer Hub data.
- Assist with annual budget planning and the Development Team annual plan.
- Maintain organized filing system and accurate records for Charity to facilitate good stewardship and ensure relevant history is easily accessible.
- Assist with ongoing database clean up
- Articulate the mission and vision of the Charity including current statistics.
- Promote community awareness of Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Attend meetings and functions as designated by the Senior Director of Major and Planned Gifts or the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to Katie Thompson, Database Manager, at email@example.com. In your cover letter please include your relevant work experience, explanation of why you are the ideal candidate for the position and why you want to work for Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities.