Payrolll and Benefits Associate
- Experience Level
Rosie's Place was founded in 1974 as the first women’s shelter in the United States. Our mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity, and find security in their lives.
Today, Rosie’s Place not only provides meals and shelter but also creates answers for 12,000 women a year through wide-ranging support, housing, and education services. Rosie’s Place relies solely on the generous support of individuals, foundations and corporations and does not accept any city, state or federal funding. Thanks to these donations, 87 cents of every dollar raised go directly to services for poor and homeless women.
To learn more about Rosie’s Place, please visit http://rosiesplace.org and find more information about our current projects and impact.
Rosie’s Place is seeking a detail-oriented team member with a passion for human services to support payroll and benefits in the Finance and Administration department. This new position offers an exciting opportunity to add value to a mission-driven organization via directly supporting payroll, benefits administration and compliance reporting. The Payroll and Benefits Associate will provide quality service to employees while maintaining courteous and professional relationships with benefits vendors that contribute to the engagement of 70+ employees at Rosie’s Place. The Associate is a member of the Finance and Administration team, working closely with the Chief Finance and Administrative Officer, Director of Finance and Junior Accountant. The Payroll and Benefits Associate reports to the Director of Finance.
Responsible for supporting timely payroll and benefits processes in accordance with all applicable state/federal laws and IRS regulations through the management of:
- Production of all biweekly payroll cycles, special compensation amounts, and bonus payrolls; oversees the issuance of all out of cycle checks to ensure the appropriateness of the transaction is in accordance with the internal control environment.
- Oversight of the payroll function of benefit transactions, miscellaneous wage garnishments and retirement deductions withheld from employee’s bi-weekly paychecks.
- Responsible for remittance of employee retirement contributions to the retirement administrator on a consistent bi-weekly schedule.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Manager to ensure the processing of new hires, promotions and terminations are reflected accurately and in a timely manner within Quickbooks.
- Prepare and audit payroll transactions such as, but not limited to, wage garnishments, tax withholding information, deductions, pay calculations, retroactive transactions, and reimbursements prior to processing each payroll cycle.
- Responsible for updating employee information, maintaining personnel files, and coordinating implementation of numerous HR initiatives and programs.
Benefits & Compliance Administration
- Support all benefits plan designs and related processes, including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, FSAs, etc.
- Oversee FMLA and LOA administration process.
- Primary point of contact for employees on all things benefits, 403B and LOA.
- Steward the Open Enrollment process, including plan renewals, leadership engagement, and employee communications.
- Ensure employee benefits policies and records are up-to-date and compliant with Federal and State requirements.
- Benefit Compliance/ACA Reporting.
- Assist with gathering information for required discrimination testing retirement and flexible spending accounts.
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Enthusiastic team player in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required with 2-4 years of relevant experience supporting payroll administration and benefits
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite with strong Excel skills
- Experience with Intuit and electronic timesheets is strongly preferred
- Experience with payroll compliance preferred
- Previous experience working with HRIS preferred
- Spanish speaker preferred
Work Expectations at Rosie’s Place
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Payroll and Benefits Associate is a 40 hours/week, exempt position and is expected to work onsite at Rosie’s Place during their work week and engage regularly with staff, guests and volunteers.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them. For the safety of the community, Rosie’s Place employees, whether vaccinated or not, are responsible for obtaining regular COVID surveillance testing and submitting results.
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000 with a robust benefits package. Rosie’s Place offers medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Administrative / Clerical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Human Resources / Recruiting Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Boston