- Experience Level
Franklin Academy is a small, independent, college prep, small boarding school serving high school students with unique learning styles, including Asperger's Syndrome, nonverbal learning differences, and high functioning autism. We are seeking a Development Associate to work collaboratively with the Director of Development and the Head of School to fulfill the responsibilities of the Development Office. This is a full-time salaried position that will include occasional weekends and evenings.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use InResonance Generations program as Administrator
- Manage database system including but not limited to
- evaluate and correct constituent records to ensure accuracy
- customize system with new fields, forms and page layouts
- serve as an expert and primary resource on the database and assist with questions and problems
- troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations, and implement solutions in the areas of data integrity standards, data quality and overall system usage
- perform regular database maintenance
- Manage, track, coordinate, and evaluate all annual giving, including new donor and potential donor mailings
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters
- Oversee the annual matching gift program
- Develop and maintain administrative tools including strategic planning documents, prospect spreadsheets, tracking tools, cultivation calendars and timelines, and progress toward fundraising goals
- Maintain the department operating budgets (income and expense) and reconcile monthly with the accounting department
- Maintain prospect lists and help organize prospect meetings
- Assist with the solicitations and other follow up calls to individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Manage the department’s lists for mailings, acknowledgements, and recognition obligations
- Assists with the annual auction and all other events
- Work with Marketing Department to keep the website fresh, current and interesting
- Create and maintain donor communications calendar
- Work with Marketing Department on donor communications to ensure annual messaging is on-point and targeted
Required Qualifications & Skills: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; five years job related fundraising and development work experience, preferably in a fast-paced, non-profit environment and ideally in a private school; strong computer skills, proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel; design software skills highly desired; strong financial/ math skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; flexibility with assignments and priorities; organizational skills with attention to detail; familiarity with FileMaker Pro; enthusiastic and positive outlook with a genuine interest in multiple aspects of fundraising; outgoing and resilient team-player.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Voluntary participation in health benefits, dental and vision plan, and life insurance
- Matched and supplemental retirement fund (TIAA-CREF)
- Meals in dining hall when open
Franklin Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin in its educational program, admissions and hiring policies, or any of its school activities.
As Franklin Academy is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body, we actively seek applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Please submit resume and cover letter electronically to:
Dr. Mary Murphy
Director of Development