- Experience Level
You may think “old” when you think of Institute on Aging because we offer services for elders and are a 40+ year institute…. but you wouldn’t be more wrong. While we do have a long-standing history in the Bay Area, IOA is on the forefront of revolutionary healthcare models, reshaping the way people can age in place. Our innovative models transform lives, enhance communities, and save healthcare systems millions of dollars. Rather than focusing on archaic outdated design, we strive to consistently question the “status-quo” and create new and more innovative ways to help aging adults maintain their quality of life. With over 23 programs, we offer multiple ways to aid seniors maintain their health, well-being, independence and participation in the community, fulfilling our mission.
IOA is seeking a Philanthropy Manager for its Philanthropy department. The Philanthropy Manager is an integral part of the mission-driven Philanthropy team, responsible for all donor database management and administration to maximize fundraising efforts. This position is responsible for data quality and integrity, donor records, gift entry, and data analysis, including regular reporting within and outside the Philanthropy department.
- Ensuring all gifts processing and donor data is collected, stored and properly utilized by all members of the organization
- Developing analytics to monitor the success of different fundraising strategies and platforms
- Performing complex queries, exports and reports, as well as database quality control and cleanup
- Conducting monthly and annual reconciliation between Development and Finance departments
- Ensuring the Raiser's Edge database and process operations support the overall fundraising strategies
- Maintaining standard operating procedures for use of the database including activities related to prospect management, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Processing all gifts and data and generating/managing timely gift acknowledgements
- Training staff in the effective use of the Raiser's Edge database and Raiser's Edge NXT database
- Utilizing data to develop strategy and tracking systems supporting the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donor prospects
- Preparing weekly revenue reports and performing annual analysis of donor trends
- Maintaining and processing donations, ticket purchases, and Peer-to-Peer Fundraising pages through Raiser's Edge NXT, Just Giving, Classy, and Mobile Cause
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience or 4+ years of experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree
- Proficiency and experience in database management and administration, query writing, prospect and constituent management
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Windows, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to make sound and timely decisions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility; is self-motivated and possesses a drive for results
- Demonstrated interest in working within a multicultural and team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Current/prior experience working with Raiser’s Edge software
- Current/prior volunteer or work experience at healthcare organizations or those dealing with an aging population
IOA reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required
Institute on Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Institute on Aging is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment and providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neuro-diversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.