- Experience Level
Founded in 1934, the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) is a not-for-profit, professional association committed to advancing the specialty of rheumatology. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, this medical society serves over 7,700 physicians, health professionals, and scientists worldwide who work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology.
The College along with its interprofessional division, the Association of Rheumatology Professionals (ARP) aims to empower the professional rheumatology community by providing education, advocacy, and practice management tools.
The ACR is a unique non-profit organization looking to offer its employees opportunities to exhibit their commitment to accountability, creativity, and initiative. To find out more about the ACR, please visit www.rheumatology.org.
The Rheumatology Research Foundation was founded by the ACR in 1985 as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. The ACR and Foundation have a management agreement, whereby the ACR provides the Foundation with a variety of management services, including staffing, access to and use of computer and other equipment and appropriate space at the ACR's Executive Office.
TITLE: Specialist, Impact (The Foundation)
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Impact (The Foundation)
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The Specialist, Impact, works closely with the Director, Impact, and the Foundation staff to create, implement, and oversee internal and external communications efforts of the Foundation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages projects for all publications, print and digital.
- Develops content for the website and other publications that promotes award recipients and their research findings, donors and their contributions, and other Foundation activities and programs as appropriate.
- Working in collaboration with all departments, creates and maintains a strategic annual editorial plan to ensure message consistency and to identify/recommend opportunities for cross-promotion.
- Creates and maintains a strategic social media plan, develops social media content, and manages the Foundation’s presence on social media channels.
- Manages content updates for the Foundation’s website (www.rheumresearch.org).
- Executes the Foundation’s branding strategy at all ACR/Foundation professional and scientific meetings.
- Gathers metrics to track the Foundation’s brand awareness and monitors brand messaging throughout all Foundation communication vehicles/efforts.
- Executes the plan for the Foundation’s booth at ACR Convergence.
- Oversees the content and development of all ACR Convergence signage, displays, advertisements, and marketing.
- Coordinates and maintains content and schedule of Foundation blast e-mails.
- Drafts content for key digital communications vehicles.
- Some travel, including but not limited to ACR Convergence, is required.
- Assists the Director, Impact with media outreach efforts as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in non-profit (501c3) communications or marketing.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a communications setting
- Must have experience with social media and website management.
- Project management expertise strongly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong background in writing
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to maintain accountability and work on multiple projects while functioning as part of a cooperative team.
- Presents a positive and productive attitude with coworkers, vendors, and volunteers.
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines and always strives to do the work right the first time.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work.
- Helps solve problems before they negatively impact the project, team, or processes.
- Pays attention to all details of a project to ensure they meet requirements and exceed expectations.
- Strong customer management, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft applications, databases, and Internet communications.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a routine basis.
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.