Database & Administrative Assistant
- Experience Level
The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy (The Institute) are searching for an experienced, detail-oriented, and organized self-starter for the position of Database & Administrative Assistant. The Database & Administrative Assistant is responsible for data entry, report generation, supporting the administrative and programmatic activities of the organizations, and additional duties as assigned by the Membership Director. This position regularly interacts with other NELA/The Institute staff members in providing support, and assists NELA members as needed. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The Database & Administrative Assistant is based in NELA/The Institute’s Concord, California office. COVID-19 NOTICE: In accordance with California's COVID-19 safety guidelines, all staff members are working remotely until further notice.
About NELA and The Institute
Founded in 1985, NELA's mission is to empower workers’ rights attorneys through legal training, promoting a fair judiciary, and advocating for laws and policies that level the playing field for workers. We are the country’s largest professional organization that is exclusively comprised of lawyers who represent employees in cases involving employment discrimination and harassment, wage theft, employee benefits, and other employment-related matters. For more information about NELA, visit www.nela.org.
Founded in 2008, The Institute is NELA’s partner organization. The Institute’s mission is to advance workers’ rights through research, thought leadership, and education for policymakers, advocates, and the public. For more information about The Institute, visit www.employeerightsadvocacy.org.
Data Entry & Report Generation:
- Input membership dues, donations, event registrations, contact information updates, and other data into NELA’s membership and donor database, currently iMIS.
- Generate reports from iMIS, including membership lists, event participant directories, donor lists, thank you letters, and other reports as requested.
- Provide reception and administrative support to staff members in NELA’s Concord and Washington DC offices.
- Perform daily office administration tasks, including managing NELA and The Institute’s main phone line; opening and processing incoming and outgoing mail; and responding to lawyer referral requests.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other team meetings as appropriate.
- Attend semi-annual NELA Executive Board meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by the Membership Director.
- Assist the Membership Director in membership maintenance, identifying new member prospects, and supporting other membership-related activities.
- Assist members and prospective members in all aspects of the membership application, renewal, profile updates, and other related processes, and respond to requests for information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Membership Director.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE):
- Support the Membership Director in submitting applications and maintenance of all CLE accreditation for NELA’s CLE programs.
- Assist the Membership Director in coordinating CLE registration and information, including follow-up with program registrants as needed, sign-in forms, program directories, and name badges; and respond to requests for program information.
- Travel to NELA’s Annual Convention and other NELA or NELA Affiliate CLE programs as needed.
- Support the Director of Development with administrative tasks related to fundraising for NELA/The Institute.
- Minimum of three years of experience in data entry or a demonstrated ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Experience in an administrative and/or program support position strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook preferred. Familiarity with MS PowerPoint and Google docs desirable.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, engage in problem-solving, and produce a high quality work product.
- Strong Internet research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with co-workers and with a variety of people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain composure and complete tasks in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment.
- Sound judgment and discretion, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
- Commitment to providing exceptional service to NELA members and the public.
- Flexibility and willingness to take the initiative on a variety of projects.
- Familiarity with social media, especially Facebook and Twitter a plus.
The National Employment Lawyers Association (“NELA”) and The Employee Rights Advocacy Institute For Law & Policy (“The Institute”) are equal opportunity employers. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. NELA and The Institute encourage applications from all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NELA and The Institute make every effort to assure that our recruitment and employment practices provide all persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
NELA and The Institute are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com or call (415) 296-7629. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.