Associate Director of Instructional Leadership
- Experience Level
Overall responsibility for engaging school leaders and educators in deep learning about the Black Genius (BG) and Racial Equity Matrix (REM) frameworks to 1) build their capacity to adopt these models into the classroom and to foster organizational change, 2) support educators in understanding and translating Black parent wisdom, and center Black parents as trusted advisors in the educational process. Success for this role will lead to Black parents wisdom having an observable impact on the instructional quality of educators across the nation
Cultivating Educator and Instructional Leadership (65%)
- Collaborates with the community-driven research team to translate research findings into actionable learning strategies used for educators and school leaders
- Oversees school-level partnerships and supports school leaders and educators to plan, execute, and assess the impact of the Black Genius(BG) and Racial Equity Matrix frameworks (REM)
- Creates and adapts learning experiences and implementation to support organizational goals to deepen Black Genius practice across the school, using both the BG and REM frameworks
- Nurtures relationships between parents and educators and between parents and school leaders, positioning parents as reflective and trusted partners in the classrooms and schools
- Works closely with the Associate Director, Parent Leadership to engage parents in the Black Genius experience and to ensure parent wisdom informs school-related processes, trainings, and programs
- Partners with organizations that support educators and leverages social media to build relationships with educators
- Provides recommendations and advises VOW’s senior leadership on overall strategy and direction with schools and teachers
Translating School-based Frameworks & Tools (35%)
- Supports the implementation and evaluation of our student perspective, culturally affirming climate survey(CACS) technology platform with educators in VOW programs/schools, including but not limited to, providing feedback about the CACS tool based on work with educators and school leaders, ensuring survey implementation by educators, and sharing feedback with the team to refine processes, practices, and support.
- Monitors implementation and tracks progress for organizations using our REM tool, which is used to visualize how power works inside of institutions and systems.
- Works in collaboration with the Community-Driven Research (CDR) team to capture and codify culturally affirming practices in school and teacher leadership and to amplify and share learnings across VOW’s schools and teachers