- Experience Level
WHO WE ARE
The Partnership on AI is the leading forum addressing the most important and difficult decisions on the future of AI.
We are a non-profit that invites diverse voices into the process of technical governance, design, and deployment of AI technologies.
Our essential Partners work together across industry, academia, and civil society to understand the implications of AI advancements and ensure they benefit society equitably.
Through dialogue, insight, education, and guidance, PAI informs responsible AI solutions and identifies opportunities to address humanity’s pressing challenges.
Our vision is a future where Artificial Intelligence empowers humanity by contributing to a more just, equitable, and prosperous world. Our mission is to bring diverse voices together across global sectors, disciplines, and demographics so developments in AI advance positive outcomes for people and society.
If you are committed to a future of responsible AI and you are interested in joining the Partnership on AI in our quest, we genuinely appreciate your interest and we want to hear from you.
PAI is seeking an Operations Lead to support its Operations Manager on general office operations, finance, vendor management and IT; this role will focus on execution and development of administrative processes to support smooth operations.
This role reports to the Operations Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain an inventory of all PAI equipment, furniture and assets
- Research and liaise with vendors
- Manage relationships with office landlord, office sub-tenants and sublessors
- Identify trends and assess opportunities to improve business processes systems
- Raise and track issues, remove barriers, resolve issues of medium complexity involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required
- Collaborates with other team members on projects, reinforces positive morale, and upholds organizational values
- Triage requests from staff for operational support using Asana ticketing system
- Provide support on finance-related matters with external accounting team and Operations Manager
- Compile monthly budget to actuals and assist with budget tracking and financial reporting across the organization
- Support management of all accounts payable and receivable, assist in expense reporting
- Contribute to organizational finance and compliance projects including 990, audit, other tax and insurance requirements
- Manage and troubleshoot organization’s GSuite and other software applications, including video conferencing
- Troubleshoot IT issues; liaise with PAI’s technology consultant; ensure that all equipment is functioning appropriately
- Monitor and evaluate office software solutions
- Support organizational filing and record-keeping
- Previous experience (3+ years preferred) in an Operations and Finance role, creating and improving processes
- Expertise in working with Microsoft Office, GSuite, and Zoom; familiarity with Asana, Slack, and Adobe; experience in troubleshooting IT issues and challenges
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, project management experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to excel in an generalist role in a fast-paced startup atmosphere, with great attention to detail
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Nonprofit background preferred
QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO US:
- Builds Trust: Able to be transparent by being authentic, conveying trust and communicating openly while involving key stakeholders in decision-making
- Visionary: Able to take a long-term perspective, conveying a belief in an outcome, and displaying the confidence to reach goals
- Inspirational: Able to inspire and motivate others in a positive manner
- Courageous: Able to seek out opportunities for continuous improvement, and fearless in intervening in challenging situations
- Decisive: Able to make informed decisions in a timely fashion
- Personal Development: Able to seek opportunities for individual personal development
- We know that research has shown that some potential applicants will submit an application only when they feel that they have met close to all of the qualifications for a role—we encourage you to take a leap of faith with us and submit your application as long as you are passionate about working to make real impact on responsible AI. We are very interested in hearing from a diverse pool of candidates.
- PAI offers a generous paid leave and benefits package, including: Twenty vacation days; three personal reflection days; sick leave and family leave above industry standards; high-quality PPO and HMO health insurance plans, many 100% covered by PAI; Dental and vision insurance 100% covered by PAI; up to a 7% 401K match, vested immediately; pre-tax commuter benefits (Clipper); automatic cell phone reimbursement ($75/month); up to $1,000 in professional development funds annually; regular team lunches & reading days; opportunities to attend AI related conferences and events and to collaborate with our 100+ partners across industry, academia and civil society. Please refer to our careers page for an updated list of benefits.
- PAI is headquartered in San Francisco, with a global membership base and scope. We do not offer visa support for this position at this time.
PAI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promoting, training, education assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, and all privileges and conditions of employment. Employment decisions at PAI are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
PAI will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or similar laws.
The Partnership on AI may become subject to certain governmental record keeping and reporting requirements for the administration of civil rights laws and regulations. We also track diversity in our workforce for the purpose of improving over time. In order to comply with these goals, the Partnership on AI invites employees to voluntarily self-identify their gender and race/ethnicity. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not jeopardize or adversely affect employment or any consideration you may receive for employment or advancement. The information obtained will be kept confidential.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send a cover letter and resume by April 18, 2021.
Only complete applications will be reviewed.