Fundraising & Development Associate Manager - Sustainability Workforce + Education
- Experience Level
SEI is seeking a Fundraising & Development Associate Manager to support the full spectrum of our innovative education and workforce programming. This position will be based in-office, at our San Rafael, CA headquarters, and will support our growing team and programmatic engagements across the country. In this role you will work under the direction of the Executive Director as well as other program directors and managers. You will be involved in all phases of fundraising projects, from partnership development, to design, planning, budgeting, project management, grant writing, submission, evaluation, and reporting.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead and/or assist on fundraising initiatives, including partnership development, but with an emphasis on grant writing.
- Research and expand strategic funder contacts and target list.
- Collaborate with SEI’s Communications team to grow our organization’s reputation as an innovator, expert and thought partner by supporting program staff to represent SEI and our programs in key external meetings and venues.
- Assist with all aspects of our fundraising initiatives, including funder identification and tracking, outreach, grant design, budgeting, grant writing, grant submission, and maintaining the administrative structures that enable fluid program evaluation and reporting.
- Receive a competitive starting salary for this position of $66,000 plus company-paid medical, sick and vacation, and 13 paid holidays per year.
In this position, you will play an integral role across the organization and our project teams to ensure that we have the requisite focus, systems and resources to realize our collective vision to build leaders that drive sustainability solutions. You will work closely with our management team to strategically fundraise to enable the growing impact of our team’s sustainability workforce education, training, and leadership building programs, from kindergarten to early career.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
EXPECTATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
The position requires occasional travel, evening and weekend work. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. As our ideal candidate, you bring to this position:
- A Bachelor’s degree (advanced coursework a plus)
- Prior experience in fundraising, grant writing, relationship building, and project management.
- Strong writing skills that support transforming a programmatic vision into a concise and compelling written narrative.
- Foundational knowledge of: K-16 education, workforce development, sustainability, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, green infrastructure, and building science.
- Experience and agility with networking, partnership development, public speaking, group presentations.
- Track record of successful task prioritization and execution, ability to juggle overlapping deadlines, and deft management of a growing body of work with timely fulfillment of associated tasks & deliverables.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/ partners, or independently.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
SEI is a non-profit organization based in San Rafael in the Bay Area, CA, dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 24 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models.
This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks: Read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Qualified applicants should email a resume and cover letter describing how their interest, qualifications, and experience are a perfect match for this position, to SEI at email@example.com. Please include “FUNDRAISING & DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE MANAGER” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.