Outreach & Events Specialist / Administrative Coordinator
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Outreach & Events Specialist / Administrative Coordinator (Temp-to-Perm through October 31, 2021); MovementForward, Inc. (MFI)
The Outreach & Events Specialist/Administrative Coordinator position will assist in relationship cultivation and outreach for MovementForward, Inc.’s (MFI) portfolio of programs in support of the organization's mission to promote, protect and advance the human & civil rights of all people. This includes managing partnerships with local, state, regional and national law enforcement entities, faith-based groups, and community organizations while also managing the day-to-day operations of the national office. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will work to substantially grow participation in the 2021 “National Faith & Blue Weekend” in collaboration with the full MFI team.
Programmatic – Outreach, Relationship Management, Event Planning and Field Organizing
- Manage a portfolio of houses of worship and law enforcement agencies in assigned states; facilitate their participation in the 2021 National Faith & Blue Weekend; and, provide training, coaching and direct support in their activity planning.
- Update organizational database with contact and activity information from assigned states.
- Assist with other programmatic event coordination, including logistics, mailings, and vendor procurement.
- Assertively collaborate with colleagues and external partners to accomplish organizational and individual targets. Communicate issues and concerns in a timely and positive manner.
- Liaise with points of contact for law enforcement and houses of worship to ensure regular communication and successful implementation of the 2021 National Faith & Blue Weekend and One Congregation One Precinct (OneCOP) initiatives.
- Rapidly respond to partners’ needs and ideas, and solve problems with services or resources.
- Communicate ideas to develop and implement new strategies for improving the quality of all projects and programs.
- Engaging in other organizational activities and new initiatives as necessary, both in the focus area of faith community engagement and otherwise.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
Administration - Operations, Office Management and Executive Support
- Serve as liaison to building management, telephone, utility, technology, and other vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth office operations.
- Coordinate administrative finances, including receipt and invoice management, expense recording, and budget tracking.
- Manage office maintenance including preparing the office and conference rooms, ordering office supplies, and coordinating staff and Board meetings.
- Maintain grant files and prepare necessary documentation for grant submission and compliance.
- Answer telephones in office, route calls, check voicemail, and greet office visitors.
- Provided administrative support to the President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintain organizational master calendar with all meetings, events, and holidays.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years’ progressively significant professional experience.
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
- Strong leadership bearing with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business and management skills.
- Polished professional with an array of experience in the corporate/business, non-profit, government and/or political sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex, matrixed organization - capacity to influence and persuade others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate and build coalitions with a wide range of individuals and organizations at the local, regional, and national levels.
- Comfort with leveraging technology to maximize the organizational impact and network partner engagement; QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Excellent and persuasive verbal and written communication skills to effectively represent MovementForward, including public speaking experience.
- Willingness and ability to work diligently in an office environment on a daily basis; at times ability and willingness to work after hours and on weekends.
- A strong commitment to the mission, values, and programs of MovementForward and its portfolio of initiatives.
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia (in-office, not a remote role)
Apply here or at firstname.lastname@example.org, please include resume and cover letter.
* SPECIAL NOTE:
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE A PURPOSE-DRIVEN “MOVEMENT” THAT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS A MISSION AND PASSION, NOT MERELY A JOB.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Religion / Faith-based Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Administrative / Clerical Religion / Faith-based Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Advocacy / Lobbying Religion / Faith-based Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Customer Service / Retail Religion / Faith-based Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Religion / Faith-based Temporary / Seasonal jobs in Atlanta