- Position Type
- Full Time
Be an integral part of the finance department through a variety of accounting activities in a strong nonprofit organization including financial management, grant management and financial reporting. Desire to grow within the finance department and develop additional responsibilities over time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recording of cash receipts and noncash items in general ledger and donor software
- Preparation and processing of donor acknowledgement letters
- Recording of and processing of accounts payable and cash disbursements
- Invoicing pledges receivable and periodic statements
- Accounting for special events including attendance at events and assisting as needed
- Entry of payroll into the general ledger including allocations to grants
- Assist with maintenance of general ledger, chart of accounts, and expense allocations
- Development of grant proposals that further the mission of the organization
- Grant reporting as required in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Participate in offsite grantor public hearings and workshops
- Support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in regular financial reporting
- Provide assistance with the annual audit (performed by independent CPA)
- Assist CFO with corporate filings, insurance renewals, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer or Chief Executive Officer
The Finance Associate is under the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. All positions are under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Accounting degree or equivalent. Experience with or knowledge of nonprofit accounting preferred. Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel and possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. Confidentiality is required. Experience with QuickBooks and DonorPerfect a plus.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org