Donor Services Associate
- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: Donor Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Donor Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-Exempt
OVERVIEW: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta (“Federation”) continues to build a diverse team of highly motivated and qualified individuals with a variety of skill sets to create a new model of 21st century community engagement and philanthropy. Federation is looking for candidates who are forward-thinking, motivated, have a positive attitude and enjoy working in an inclusive, dynamic environment.
Under the supervision of the VP of Donor Operations and working closely with the Philanthropy and Finance teams, the Donor Services Associate will be responsible for providing quality customer service (telephone, email, and written) to donors and others regarding Federation. The Donor Services Associate will employ a consultative, professional, and personal approach to service our donors’ needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately capture donor inquiries and provide responses, services, and follow-ups as needed.
- Answer phones and route calls to appropriate team member or make referral to a partner program.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors and prospects by providing accurate information, engaging in active listening and presenting oneself in a non-judgmental and professional manner.
- Ensure all information gathered on donors, pledges, and payments is accurately entered into the appropriate internal system.
- Carefully process incoming pledges and payments and investigate, as needed, the correct donor and pledge to apply payments to.
- Research and resolve donor issues within the expected timeframes; interact with internal and external resources; continually monitor account activity, and communicate status to donors, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Have a strong awareness of the appropriate notifications that are needed to senior staff for certain transactions and communications.
- Enter notes about every interaction into our CRM.
- Process pledge and payment acknowledgements, account statements, thank you/birthday/ tribute/condolence cards.
- Professionally communicate with donors to collect payment on aged pledges.
- Use good decision-making on when to involve senior staff in escalated situations.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality for our donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results-driven achiever with excellent organizational skills along with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Capacity to manage confidential information and use discretion and good judgment.
- Enthusiastic and eager to meet challenges and quickly adapt.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, but also integrate and work within a team.
- Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors.
- Be comfortable asking questions to management, peers, and donors if unsure about a decision.
- Skilled at managing competing priorities.
- Ability to generate creative ideas to improve performance and efficiency.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments.
- Knowledge of Customer Service best practices.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area of study or an internship, volunteer, or professional position in a non-profit organization.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Customer/Donor Service role.
- Experience within a non-profit organization is a bonus.
- Experience with donor databases.
- Experience with Salesforce is a bonus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal physical effort required with intermittent standing and walking and prolonged periods of sitting in meetings or at desk working on a computer.
Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.