- Experience Level
Are you ready to join an organization where you can provide proven impact to students and change the trajectory of their lives? Envision all Americans living lives with financial knowledge and freedom. At Junior Achievement of Dallas, we get to work toward that goal every day. Although not always easy, lives are changed.
This is satisfying work that makes a difference in students’ lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifechanging impact and partner with schools, companies, individuals, and others to ensure everyone has access to choices for a financially healthy life.
Junior Achievement of Dallas is committed to diversity, equity and inclusiveness in our employees, board members, volunteers, and the students we serve. We offer our employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
As Volunteer Coordinator, you will assist with the daily execution of JA Dallas volunteer engagement for program and organizational activities. You will act as the main resource to volunteers to increase participation, retention, and overall support the education team.
Scope: Full-time position; out of office 20% of the time (non-exempt)
Reports to: VP of Educational Impact
Interacts Regularly: Education Department, Development Department
- Recruit corporate and community volunteers to deliver JA curriculum to students.
- Work with corporate coordinators to engage company volunteers in JA programs.
- Track the retention rate and performance of volunteers and make changes as needed for more effectiveness.
- Provide regularly scheduled volunteer training for program volunteers.
- Match volunteers with JA program requests.
- Develop/cultivate relationships with new company coordinators to determine company volunteer needs.
- Actively seek feedback from volunteers to manage changes for more effective relations.
- Embrace diversity, equity, inclusion, cross cultural diversity, cultural differences and be open to new experiences and perspectives.
- Plan, design and coordinate all volunteer surveys and feedback communication activities and processes.
- Ensure volunteer engagement is on-going (e.g., cards, useful information/tips, volunteer opportunities)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Good project management and execution skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain accurate past/present/future volunteer information via Blackbaud CRM system.
- Provide information using charts, graphics, etc.
Volunteer Coordinator Qualifications
- High School Diploma; Some college preferred.
- Able to use Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Able to navigate database management system (e.g., BCRM)
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) a plus
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone inquiries; deadline April 30.