Deputy Director of State and Local Campaigns
- Experience Level
End Citizens United/Let America Vote’s Mission: To fix our democracy by getting big money out of politics and protecting the right to vote. We will work to end our rigged political system by electing reform champions, passing meaningful legislative reforms, and elevating these issues in the national conversation. We will work in partnership with these champions to overturn Citizens United, end the unlimited and undisclosed money in politics, and protect and expand the right to vote.
Reports to: Director of State and Local Campaigns
Job Summary: The Deputy Director of State and Local Campaigns will play an integral role in expanding the capacity of ECU // LAV’s state and local project, Fight For Reform. This individual will join a collaborative work environment and partner with ECU // LAV’s Director of State and Local Campaigns to monitor key races, build and maintain relationships to help endorsed campaigns win, and use their understanding of ECU // LAV’s resources to build political capital for reform efforts including getting big money out of politics and protecting voting rights.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Director of State and Local Campaigns to oversee and maintain ECU // LAV’s relationships with candidates and campaigns
- Interviewing candidates for legislative and statewide office; making recommendations on endorsements
- Participating in meetings with partner organizations at the state and national level
- Collaborating with other departments to offer candidate services that improve and strengthen endorsed candidates’ campaigns
- Conducting political background research on candidates, districts, states, and organizations
- Monitoring key legislation in state legislatures on the topics of campaign finance, voting rights, and corruption
- Accurately tracking and recording key political information including but not limited to campaign points of contact, district information, fundraising totals, etc.
- Performing additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: We’re seeking applicants who excel in relationship-building, have strong project management skills, and are comfortable around candidates and elected officials. You should have:
- 3-5 years of work experience with increasing levels of responsibility in non-profit, campaign, activism, governmental, or consulting work
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with organizations and/or individual partners that serve to meet both entities’ goals and objectives
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a knack for problem solving
- Experience working with state governmental offices and/or an understanding of legislative structures and campaigns
- An understanding of how race, class, and other identities intersect with our work in advocacy and electoral campaigns
- The ability to work independently
- Tools to build consensus with internal team members and external partners
- A commitment to getting Big Money out of politics, expanding voting rights, and fighting corruption in state and local politics
The hiring salary for this position is $70k annually plus benefits. To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com -- subject line “Deputy Director of State and Local Campaigns.” No calls, please.
Our office and this position are based in Washington, DC; however, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all positions are currently working remotely and work travel is suspended.
End Citizens United//Let America Vote is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.