Bilingual Aging & Disability Information & Referrals Specialist
- Degree Level
Job Title: Aging & Disability Information & Referrals Specialist
Department: Family Well Being Department
Reports to: Managing Director of Family Services
Status: Full time position 40 hours / $22.00 per hour
Location: Main Office, Atlanta
The Family Well Being Program is opening a full time temporary position until June 30th , 2021. This position is ideal for Bilingual/Bicultural recent graduate bachelor students with social work, psychology, human services, health education or related field background who are seeking to increase their experience and knowledge around working with Latinx /Immigrants communities.
About LAA: The mission of the Latin American Association (LAA) is to empower Latinos to adapt, integrate and thrive. Our vision is ‘Opportunity for all.’
Founded in 1972 to serve Atlanta’s then-emerging Latino population, the LAA has grown to become the region’s leading agency representing Latino issues. The LAA invests in individuals’ and families’ abilities to pursue education, employment and other opportunities that lead to improved economic stability and quality of life. Our 44 year history and community-based mission render the organization truly unique in its work and capabilities. The LAA stands as the oldest, most trusted and only fully bilingual organization in the region focused exclusively on the needs and concerns of the Latino community.
Serving nearly 55,000 individuals each year, the LAA offers Atlanta area Latinos an extensive range of evidence-based services, programs and supports to help them fully and successfully integrate into the community. Our focus areas & programs include: Family Well Being; Economic Empowerment; Immigration Legal Services; Youth Education and Advocacy.
Program Goal: Provide comprehensive, cultural appropriate and responsive information and referral provision to older adults, people with disabilities and/or family members or caregivers to help them make informed, person-centered decisions regarding their care.
Position Purpose: The Aging & Disability Information & Referrals Specialist will work as a member of Family Stabilization and Well Being Department to provide comprehensive cultural appropriate and responsive services to families with older adults and people with disability, special Spanish Speakers to connecting with appropriate resource and follow up with additional assistance and cultural awareness training to partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the needs of callers/inquirers
- Identifying and linking people to appropriate resources
- Exploring other options when requested service isn’t available
- Providing follow-up to individuals who may require additional assistance
- Provide cultural awareness and diversity training to Atlanta’s ADRC team
- Provision of technical support to ADRC Counselors needing guidance and assistance with service to the Latino population
- Increase capacity around cultural diversity within ARC funded services such as ADRC, Nursing Home Transitions, Case Management and Senior Centers.
- Strengthen communication styles and tools (i.e. – benefits sheets, staff training, program overviews, 3-way calls with AAPI, etc.) via interpretation and translation services.
- Prepare a monthly and aggregate quarterly summary report for ARC to ADRC Program Manager
- Track and document all contacts with clients and families in the WellSky client data management system
- Meet all privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Participate on the ADRC Advisory Committee
- Participate in Division of Aging Services trainings as required or requested by ADRC program manager
- Provide culturally appropriate I&R/A to a minimum of 50 clients monthly
- Meet all standards of promptness in the provision of ADRC counseling
- Invoice ARC monthly through the Harmony SAMS system using a line item reimbursement
- Conduct outreach in the local community as assigned.
- Comply with all organizational, departmental and program guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Conduct or support Family Stabilization & Well Being programs events and programmatic goals.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field required
- Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To submit a resume or for more information, please contact Cynthia Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the LAA at www.thelaa.org.