Family Well Being Specialist - Bilingual Case Manager
Job Title: Family Well Being Specialist - Case Manager – Latino Homelessness Prevention Program
Department: Family Well Being Department
Reports to: Managing Director of Family Services
Status: Full time position 40 hours / $20.00 per hour
Location: Main Office, Atlanta
The Family Well Being Program is opening temporary position from April 19, 2021 thru Sept 30, 2021. This position is ideal for Bilingual/Bicultural recent graduate bachelor students with social work, psychology, human services, health education or related field background who are seeking to increase their experience and knowledge around working with Latinx /Immigrants communities.
About LAA: The mission of the Latin American Association (LAA) is to empower Latinos to adapt, integrate and thrive. Our vision is ‘Opportunity for all.’
Founded in 1972 to serve Atlanta’s then-emerging Latino population, the LAA has grown to become the region’s leading agency representing Latino issues. The LAA invests in individuals’ and families’ abilities to pursue education, employment and other opportunities that lead to improved economic stability and quality of life. Our 44 year history and community-based mission render the organization truly unique in its work and capabilities. The LAA stands as the oldest, most trusted and only fully bilingual organization in the region focused exclusively on the needs and concerns of the Latino community.
Serving nearly 55,000 individuals each year, the LAA offers Atlanta area Latinos an extensive range of evidence-based services, programs and supports to help them fully and successfully integrate into the community. Our focus areas & programs include: Family Well Being; Economic Empowerment; Immigration Legal Services; Youth Education and Advocacy.
Program Goal: The goal of the Latino Homelessness Prevention Program is to stabilize Latino individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless to prevent housing loss and further self-sufficiency.
Position Purpose: The Case Manager will work as a member of Family Well Being Department to support the Latino Homelessness Prevention Program through direct service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide intensive case management services to clients to prevent homelessness, including the development of Individual Case Plans.
- Connect clients with stabilizing LAA resources and services including emergency financial assistance, food and clothing assistance, benefits enrollment assistance, employment services, immigration legal services and domestic violence legal services.
- Provide clients with referrals and access to stabilizing community resources, including primary health care, mental health services, civil legal aid and other supports.
- Provide scheduled client follow up at 30, 60, 90 days up to 12 months to determine housing and family stability and provide additional support and services as necessary.
- Maintain accurate case files, client records and other agency documents.
- Record client data using the Efforts to Outcomes database.
- Utilize the Client Track and Gateway systems for providing direct financial assistance and benefits enrollment assistance, respectively.
- Conduct client workshops, educational seminars and other trainings as assigned.
- Provide weekly and monthly service reports.
- Conduct outreach in the local community as assigned.
- Comply with all organizational, departmental and program guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Conduct or support Family Well Being programs events and programmatic goals such as parenting program.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field required
- Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To submit a resume or for more information, please contact Cynthia Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the LAA at www.thelaa.org.