Cat Foster Coordinator
- Experience Level
Responsible for overseeing current feline foster program and developing new programs to support the placement of cats and kittens into foster care. Also responsible for developing and managing a feline enrichment program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Seek out foster homes for cats and kittens
- Schedule and/or perform home visits for foster placements
- Maintain foster module in database to keep track of foster pets housed outside of the shelter
- Train fosters, volunteers and employees on the proper care of cats and kittens of all ages and proper enrichment techniques
- Handle Foster to Adopt (FTA) kitten adoptions including home visit, follow up care and needs up to finalizing adoption
- Coordinate with adoptions for scheduling surgery for FTA kittens
- Be willing to work flexible hours and be on call if needed for foster emergencies
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator on volunteer opportunities that assist with foster processes, home visits and animal care
- Work with Veterinary staff on medical treatment of cats and kittens in foster care
- Train and monitor the care of kittens in the nursery.
- Prepare reports as needed
- Develop programs to enhance cat and kitten adoptions and foster placement
- Coordinate with rescue coordinator on rescue placement of cats and kittens
- Must promote LifeLine Animal Project’s policies and philosophies
- Coordinate with other Departments as it pertains to fosters and shelter population
- Make sure and check notes and update cards for cats that can go home same day
- Be prepared to work over in the event a placement takes longer than normal
- Be willing to work from home when needed in the event there is a need for emergency placement or foster kitten medical emergency
- Provide excellent customer service to fosters, shelter visitors, coworkers, and volunteers
- Support and assist other members of placement staff
- Support and assist other departments within shelter when needed as assigned.
- Maintain current files in orderly fashion
- Stock all documents needed for foster packets
- Other duties as assigned
• Problem Solving
• Customer Service
• Interpersonal Skills
• Oral and Written Communication
• Business Acumen
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Knowledge of cat behavior and training.
• Knowledge in animal health and well-being to include nutrition needs, resources for
information, knowledge of common animal diseases
• Ability to identify animal species, ages and sexes.
• Ability to identify signs of animal illnesses and injuries.
• Demonstrate personal communication knowledge to include effective phone skills,
effective interviewing techniques, public speaking and ability to communicate
effectively in writing and orally.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school diploma. Animal experience preferred.
Must be able to read and interpret policies and procedures. Must be able to communicate
effectively to adopters and must provide good customer services skills.
Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form and to follow those instructions correctly.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to a kennel that is not air-conditioned and may be exposed to unpleasant kennel smells.