- Experience Level
Catalyst Sports is a chapter based, volunteer run 501c3 non-profit organization that acts as an agent of change in the lives of people with disabilities and our communities. Our mission is to give people with physical disabilities access to experience the life changing impact of adventure within a supportive and inclusive community.
This is a small, entrepreneurial, mission minded organization that is strongly aligned with inclusion, equity and diversity. We are currently seeking a Development Director to help us move to the next level and shift our way of thinking here in the Southeast. The successful candidate will oversee our donor relations program, manage our fundraising initiatives, develop our non-profit fundraising campaigns, communicate with current and prospective donors, and build a stronger base of support for our organization. This position involves managing individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our team.
- Build and manage fundraising infrastructures (events, individual donor solicitation, corporate gifts, etc).
- Work with the Executive Director to develop the fiscal budget and track progress.
- Collaborate with the board of directors to create and implement a fundraising plan.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop a digital fundraising strategy.
- Managing fundraising and special events.
- Provide insight and oversight of grant proposals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field.
- Experience in organizational systems development, relationship building and nonprofit leadership.
- Thorough understanding of how to develop strategies and execute fundraising initiatives in public and private settings.
- Experience collaborating on grant proposals, seeking funding from private entities, and building and overseeing effective long-term funding partnerships with corporations and foundations.
- Action-oriented, hard-working with experience making decisions in a fast-paced, interactive environment.
- Experience with self-starting and self-motivating with the ability to show results on time and in a highly ethical and professional manner.
- Proven ability to build and nurture effective, positive working relationships with staff, board members, donors and volunteers.
- Proficient with sponsorship solicitation.
- Excellent computer skills, google applications and CRMs.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Excellent understanding of best practices.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently.
- Available to travel, work weekends and evenings.
*Compensation is based on experience
*Remote within region and ideally based in one of our 8 cities