Senior Specialist, Project Manager
- Experience Level
Based in Atlanta, GA the American College of Rheumatology is a professional association for physicians, health professionals, and scientists that work in the medical subspecialty of rheumatology. The ACR has over 9,400 members from around the world. We offer a variety of services, including: educational programming, legislative and regulatory advocacy, practice management support and grant funding through its Rheumatology Research Foundation. The ACR’s Annual Scientific Meeting, held each fall, is the premier scientific meeting in the world devoted to rheumatic diseases. To find out more about us please visit www.rheumatology.org
TITLE: Senior Specialist, Project Manager
LEVEL: Senior Specialist
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, Collaborative Initiatives
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Specialist, Collaborative Initiatives will serve as a senior project manager for education and engagement projects including, planning, budgeting, implementing, managing and providing oversight for all aspects of assigned projects. This includes managing the departments asynchronous educational content development, supporting education among fellows in training and primary care providers, advancing strategy for online learning, and contributing to special initiatives that expand the department’s educational outreach in regard to health disparities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead project development and planning including developing detailed project plans to track progress
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Lead project meetings with authority, in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors, collaborating organizations and vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including the development of project reports and reports to funding agencies
- Contribute to and support the development of new special projects to decrease health disparities and increase knowledge of rheumatic diseases.
- Some travel is required
- Any other duties as the Director, Vice President or the ACR Executive Vice President may assign.
Please note that a senior specialist position at the ACR is usually a career level, professional, non-managerial position that provides expertise and support for the functions and programs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum of five years of related professional experience, Master’s degree preferred. Work experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines, with exceptionally strong project management abilities.
- Superior writing, proofreading and oral communication skills
- Experience in program evaluation and or project management preferred.
- Internalize and understand all aspects of assigned projects and subsequent priorities of stakeholders to best plan, innovate, manage and achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of issues impacting rheumatology including workforce shortage, health disparities and treatment access
- Strategic thinking, sound judgment, ability to develop insight into the ACR and collaborating organizations
- Experience in an association environment a plus
The ACR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The ACR complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities or conducts business.
This is not a contract. The description and duties as they relate to this position are subject to change as reasonable business necessity dictates. In the event of such changes, a new job description may be created.