- Experience Level
MUST Ministries strives to be a servant leader caring annually for 30,000 neighbors in need in seven counties. Founded in 1971, MUST helps people in need break the cycle of poverty by providing comprehensive needs such as groceries, hot meals, school food pantries, employment services, housing, emergency shelter, programs supporting at-risk children, and clothing. With physical locations in Cobb and Cherokee and programs in other areas, MUST is a non-profit organization that provides services without regard to race or religious beliefs.
The key purpose of this position is to supervise volunteers and community service workers during meal service hours. 32 hours per week
Tues & Wed 12p-8p ; Sat &Sun 12-8
- Represent MUST Ministries in the most positive manner with clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and clients of our service, learns and uses operating practices of MUST Ministries.
- Uphold the Mission Statement: Serving our neighbors in need … transforming lives and communities in response to Christ's call.
- Support learning through performance of essential job functions and perform other duties and function as necessary or as assigned.
- Handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of MUST Ministries.
- Supervise volunteers and Community Service Workers pertaining to meal service and clean-up.
- Clean up after the meals.
- Accept and put away donations.
- Enforce kitchen safety and organizational protocols.
- Assist in meal preparation in the absence of a meal provider.
- Oversee cleanliness around the campus.
- Ensure facilities are in order for daily operations.
- Safeguard doors at the beginning and conclusion of scheduled activities.
- Assist in daily client intake process including data entry, as needed.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Organization skills
- Knowledge of kitchen and food safety requirements
- ServSafe certification is preferred; or completion of certification within 60 days of hire
- One year or more experience in a kitchen or restaurant is preferred
- Prior experience in a supervisory position is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office is preferred
Physical and Work Requirements:
- Frequent standing, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling and reaching.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Work environment is in kitchen equipped with commercial appliances
Must Ministries is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, qualified handicap or status as disabled or Vietnam era veteran or Iraq veteran or Afghanistan veteran. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.