- Experience Level
Nexus Marketing, founded in 2014, is a content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) agency dedicated to helping mission-driven businesses market their products, software and services to nonprofit organizations, schools, faith-based organizations, associations, and universities.
Our team is full of smart, hard-working, and kind individuals who find the intersection of nonprofits and digital marketing exciting!
On the weekends, you’ll find us hiking in the mountains, playing dungeons and dragons with a group of friends, or getting immersed in a new book. As a growing agency, every team member plays a huge role in our continued success and our clients' happiness.
About the role
We're looking for an Atlanta-based writer to join our team as a full-time Copywriter. This individual will be responsible for researching and writing educational content on various topics related to social good.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills and a desire to learn more about online marketing and SEO.
Writing is a fundamental part of this position. If the idea of writing for 40-45 hours a week doesn’t excite you, this role will not be a good fit.
Nexus Marketing is located in Atlanta with all of our team members located in the metro area. We’re currently working remotely but plan to re-open the office in late Spring / Summer 2021.
Company website: https://www.nexusmarketing.com/
Tips on applying for the writing position:
- Resumes should be submitted in Word or PDF format.
- Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Links to writing samples should be included in the cover letter.
This position is an excellent way for recent college graduates to start their online marketing careers.
Nexus Marketing provides team members with additional training opportunities and the potential to grow within the company.
What excites us (Qualifications):
- A love of writing (95% of the job will be writing, so this is a must).
- 1-2 years of writing experience (blogging, participation in student newspaper/literary magazine, writing internships, etc.).
- Frighteningly good attention to detail. Bachelors degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or a related field.
- Strong academic performance: overall 3.8 GPA minimum.
What excites you (Responsibilities):
- Researching a variety of topics with limited oversight.
- Conceptualizing, writing, and editing marketing and educational content including blog articles, web pages, and downloadable resources.
- Managing and prioritizing work for multiple projects to meet defined deadlines.
- Working and communicating well within a team.
- You love the idea of giving back to the community and nonprofits. Since we work with mission-driven companies, our business is focused on helping nonprofits succeed.
- You must be extremely comfortable with change. As a small growing company, decisions can be made over a weekend and fully implemented by early the next week. Whether that's new systems, new processes, or new approaches, we look for individuals who can adapt and thrive.
- You must believe that the best contributors should get better rewards. As a company, we believe in paying people based on the value they generate at the business.
- You must be willing to disagree and commit. As a growing business, there will be many decisions and changes that occur at the company. Some of which you'll agree with and some you won't, we firmly believe that the best team members have the ability to disagree and commit (i.e., going with a decision after it has been made regardless of whether or not you agree).
- You must believe the status quo is unacceptable. As a growing company and as individuals, we believe the status quo is unacceptable. Everyone should be relentless in striving to be the best version of themselves and figure out ways to create more value at the company and grow professionally.
Financial compensation includes:
- Base salary of $45,000 per year.
- One-time additional $1,000 payment on your 1st paycheck, dependent upon a start date. If you don’t stay with the company for 2 full years, you’ll need to repay this in full.
- Monthly stipend of $100 for health insurance if you choose not to enroll in the company’s healthcare plan.
- Eligible for bonus based on client and/or company performance. Your bonus range is $0 - $16,000 per year with a target of $8,000.
25% of the bonus will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of Aug., 2021 (target $2,000)
75% of the bonus will be paid out in the 2nd pay period of Aug., 2022 (target $6,000
Paid time off:
- You will accrue 20 vacation days and 5 sick days off annually plus 7 company holidays.
- You will accrue 10 life leave days per year. These days may be used during the year, rolled over into next year, or redeemed for their cash value 1x per year.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical, Vision, Long Term Disability)
- 401k with a 4% company match
- Matching gift program (1:1 match for you and long term partners/spouses)
- Individual / Group volunteer grant program
- Fundraising sponsorship for run / walk / rides
- Grants for serving on nonprofit boards
- Weekly team building or lunch & learn events
More searches like this
- Marketing / Communications Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Public Policy / Administration Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Research Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Technology / Data Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta