Community Services Liaison
- Experience Level
Community Services Liaison
Hours: Full-Time Exempt
Travel Requirements: Statewide
Location: Chattanooga, TN
The Community Services Liaison of Street Grace will provide strategic and tactical leadership for survivor services in the Tennessee market. This position will craft and lead the implementation of all policies and procedures related to survivor services, referrals, and collaborative relationships. The Community Services Liaison is a direct service position, responsible for managing a caseload of survivors. This position is responsible for providing intensive case management services, including in-person intervention services, coordination of care, communication with service providers, and continuous case monitoring. This position is intended to be a consistent support for the survivor throughout the process of healing and restoration. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver trauma-informed services within an intensive Case Management framework to each survivor on the assigned caseload.
- Complete an Individual Care Plan with each confirmed survivor. This includes recommending and linking services, intervention, resources, legal services, and housing, if needed
- Engage with potential community service providers that will support survivors served through Street Grace; act as a liaison to partners/service providers; make referrals as needed
- Conduct surveys and assessments with survivors to determine quality of services and track outcomes
- Ensure proper reporting and documentation of services, contacts, and communications with survivors and outside providers
- Prepare and update weekly, monthly, and quarterly summary of cases and other information as needed
- Engage with potential community service providers that will provide services and support to survivors
- Assist in the creation of a resource guide with all referral services and community partners
- Create and assist in the implementation of multidisciplinary MOUs for the State of Tennessee on exploitation and trafficking services and partnerships
- Track data and outcomes for the program, to meet goals in the VOCA grant program
Qualifications and Experience:
The Community Services Liaison will be a highly motivated self-starter and demonstrated leader with a master’s degree in social work, counseling, or psychology and 2+ years of direct services experience.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Culture and mission-driven – extremely passionate about the work and mission of Street Grace
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission
- An unwavering commitment to executing with excellence
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to representing Street Grace with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Experience in a direct service setting and delivering services to clients
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed, survivor-centered, individualized, and culturally competent service delivery models
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation includes a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary is dependent on a combination of skills, qualifications and experience. Benefits include paid sick, holiday, and vacation days, flexible work schedule, and health, vision, and dental insurance.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, noting “Community Services Liaison” in the subject line by April 12, 2021. Cover letters can be addressed to Bob Rodgers, President | CEO. In your letter, please include your interest in Street Grace, alignment with our mission and values, direct service experience, and last 2 years compensation history. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Street Grace was founded in 2009 with the mission to eradicate the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) utilizing evidence-based demand reduction strategies. All of our Initiatives rest on at least one of our four pillars -Prevention, Protection, Policy, and Pursuit - and employ innovative technology, experienced policy and legislative experts, and strategic programs that increase awareness, educate, and enable action against this horrific threat to the well-being of our children and our community. Guided by our Survivor Advisory Board, we ensure that all of our efforts are survivor-informed and developed through the lens of "lived experience."
Street Grace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Street Grace does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis covered by applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.