- Experience Level
POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO: CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
DEPARTMENT: RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
STATUS: FULL-TIME, SALARIED, NON-EXEMPT
St. Vincent de Paul Georgia seeks a talented communications professional with a sales, marketing and/or fundraising background for the position of Communications Manager responsible for the planning, creation and execution of the communications and marketing plan and strategies of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Working with the Chief Development Officer, plan, oversee creation of, and execute the delivery of all fundraising appeals, communications and collateral of the organization
- Produce compelling collateral including as flyers, print ads, membership materials, event collateral, fundraising materials, brochures and invitations
- Develop and implement communications strategies to reach multiple target audiences through a variety of channels and formats including both traditional and social media
- Manage media and public relations partners and activities
- Draft newsletters, emails and other communications
- Manage organizational social media presence across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube to exponentially increase friends and followers and convert them to donors
- Create and manage the content, design and functionality of the SVdP Georgia website and increase traffic to site
- Develop and implement an SVdP Georgia app and mobile/web-based services
- Produce webinars, videos and other web-based and mobile content
- Draft and design SVdP Georgia annual engagement book, annual report and other reports and collateral
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of direct professional experience
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting as part of a development team preferred with corporate partnership experience a plus and/or within a corporation’s philanthropy/marketing/communications team with cause marketing a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills
- Experience creating communications for multiple audiences, channels and formats including social media, print, TV, radio, online and mobile
- Social media-savvy with experience engaging and growing followers across social media platforms and strong understanding of current trends in digital media
- Tech-savvy with experience creating and editing videos and other electronic content
- Exceptional time management skills and strong sense of pace and urgency to ensure multiple concurrent projects are properly prioritized and completed within expected timeframes
- Self-motivated, creative, energetic and results-oriented team player
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Power Point, Publisher, Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Publisher, GIMP and/or other design software
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and background plus benefits including health insurance and 401K retirement plan, great work environment, hours and team.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about St. Vincent de Paul Georgia at www.svdpgeorgia.org.